Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Chewing while using steroids = Guaranteed masseter hypertrophy

Pendejo

Top Contributor
Established Member

Doctors at the General District Hospital of Athens in Greece discovered a new – and probably highly rare – side effect of steroids use. A thirty-year-old man who did a lot of weight training took a course of anabolic steroids for a month and ended up with distorted growth in his face.

A week before the man went to a doctor, he had noticed that there was a swelling in his left jaw. He admitted to using anabolic steroids: he had been taking them for a month and had gained six kilos.
He injected an ampoule containing fifty milligrams of stanozolol [structural formula shown here] every morning, and four hundred milligrams of methenolone[structural formula also shown] every three days. And now the left-hand side of his face had gotten bigger.

strombaject.gif
primobolan.gif

The man had been having trouble with a painful molar in his right jaw. The tooth had cracked, been filled, and finally extracted. That's why he'd been chewing on the left side of his jaw for a few weeks.
When the doctors made a scan of the guy's skull, they discovered that it was the cause of his lopsided face. His left masseter, the muscle that pushes the lower jaw against the upper jaw when we chew, had grown in size. The right masseter had not grown.

smoel4.jpg

The masseter is shown in the drawing. It's the red muscle in the cheek area. The scan of the bodybuilder's skull is shown below. The grey half circle on the right side is the hypertrophied masseter which had caused the asymmetry in the mans face. It’s resting on a white thing up against the skin. The white thing is the jaw.

smoel2.jpg

To make absolutely sure of their diagnosis, the Greeks took some cell material from the enlarged jaw muscle and did lab tests. The doctors found muscle fibres of type 2A and 2B in the sample. These are fast, strong muscle fibres, which react to strength training and anabolic steroids.

In their article the Greeks do not say whether the steroids user recovered. They came up with the idea of injecting the enlarged muscle with Botox, which paralyses muscles locally. If the man couldn't use the muscle, the doctors reasoned, then it would shrink back to its normal size. That was a pretty stupid idea. If you're dealing with a power athlete, the last thing you should do is to mention a treatment that will break down muscle mass. Even if it's only muscle mass in the left jaw.

"Unfortunately, the patient did not come back for follow-up", was the Greeks' bewildered comment.

So it is confirmed because of one single person who got it?

Also, people have different muscle fiber combos in different muscles, and they cannot be changed as far as I know (Although I did read once maybe that Capsacin increases slow-twitch muscle fibers).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So it is confirmed because of one single person who got it?
If you have the same amount of muscle fibers of type 2 as him, yes.

Also, people have different muscle fiber combos in different muscles, and they cannot be changed as far as I know
I know, i remember NickGurr talked about that.

There's just a lot of inconsistencies in your story, OP. Looks like a half-assed thread to me. I will be contacting the appropriate authorities to arrest you for Low-Effort Posting.

• Ogre
Reactions: Rei
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here they say it's a "highly rare" side effect while you say it's a guaranteed one?
Because most people that use steroids dont chew hard foods/ gum frequently, if you chewed consistently falim or mastic gum while using steroids you would get masseter hypertrophy.

There's just a lot of inconsistencies in your story, OP. Looks like a half-assed thread to me. I will be contacting the appropriate authorities to arrest you for Low-Effort Posting.
Believe what you want, the masseter of the guy on the OP hypertrophied.

if you chewed consistently falim or mastic gum while using steroids you would get masseter hypertrophy.
Yeah but can't say it'd boost my aesthetics tbh, I'm recessed and bloated plus I got tons of buccal fat, really need it removed my face looks round and feminine...

Yeah but can't say it'd boost my aesthetics tbh, I'm recessed and bloated plus I got tons of buccal fat, really need it removed my face looks round and feminine...
How do you know it is fat and not just bloat?

How can it be bloat if I was barely eating..? My fat distribution is just f****d.
Are you even thinking about what you are saying? You are saying humans are designed to expel all water along with all Minerals/Electrolytes when no food is consumed?

So basically, back in the day, if you could not hunt anything or find any other source of food, you would just die of dehydration?

Are you even thinking about what you are saying? You are saying humans are designed to expel all water along with all Minerals/Electrolytes when no food is consumed?

So basically, back in the day, if you could not hunt anything or find any other source of food, you would just die of dehydration?
Faggotry in one post. Tell me how to get rid of it then instead of spewing crap out of your orifice, f****t.