Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Everything you need to know about hairloss!

Sasuke

5bfa41d5a2cbbf90022916e29c65cce5.jpg

why do men lose their hair?
Most Common Cause: Male Pattern Baldness(androgenetic alopecia)
it's caused by genes you get from your parents. Scientists think the gene may affect how sensitive your hair follicles are to a hormone called DHT,
which makes them shrink. As they get smaller, the hair that grows back tends to be finer, thinner, and shorter. Eventually, it takes longer for hair to grow back.

How to know If I have androgenetic alopecia?
The Hairline And Crown Of The Head
Usually the early signs of male pattern baldness will include thinning of the hair line and bald areas at the crown of the head.
You will know your hairline is receding as it gradually moves backward with the temples receding back more than the middle portion of the scalp.
fd341es1234.jpg alopecia.jpg 493x335fs2.jpg

At what age I can start to experience androgenetic alopecia?
Hair Loss in Your 20s
The majority of androgenetic alopecia (or male pattern baldness) sufferers start noticing their hair loss in their mid to late twenties.
By age 20, about 20% of men have at least some visible hair loss.

Is it possible to experience hair loss as a teenager?
Hair Loss in Teenagers
While you may feel like you are too young to start losing your hair in your teens, the reality is that hair loss can begin as early as 15 or 16 years old.
While it’s uncommon, hair loss in your teens tends to come on gradually, beginning with thinning hair or a receding hairline.

How does male pattern baldness work?
Each hair on your head has a growth cycle. With male pattern baldness, this growth cycle begins to weaken and the hair follicle shrinks, producing shorter and finer strands of hair.
Eventually, the growth cycle for each hair ends and no new hair grows in its place.

Fast facts on dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

DHT is an androgen and helps give males their male characteristics. DHT is thought to cause hair follicles to miniaturize, and this contributes to male pattern hair loss. By the age of 50 years, over half of the men in the U.S. will probably experience hair loss mediated by DHT.
dht.png

Does DHT cause hairloss?
If you're genetically susceptible to hair loss, DHT can bind to receptors in your hair follicles and cause them to shrink, weaken and eventually die. ... Since DHT is the primary hormone responsible for hair loss in men, the most effective way to slow down and prevent hair loss is to block DHT.

DHT23810sa.jpg

How does DHT kill hair follicles?
An enzyme called 5-alpha reductase -- which is produced in the largest concentrations in the prostate and scalp -- converts some of the testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. DHT can in turn cause hair follicles to begin to atrophy.

Why does DHT only affect the scalp?
Balding areas of the scalp show increases in a potent form of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT), while drugs that block conversion of testosterone to DHT can slow hair loss. In the scalp, DHT seems to cause hair follicles to become thinner. ... Testosterone contributes to thinning of the subcutaneous fat.

Does increasing testosterone increase DHT?
When levels of testosterone increase, more of it is converted to dihydrotestosterone and so levels of dihydrotestosterone therefore also increase as a result. ... As testosterone in the blood increases, more of it is also converted to dihydrotestosterone, resulting in higher levels of dihydrotestosterone as well.

How do you stop DHT from attacking hair follicles?

or
How do you stop testosterone from turning into DHT?

Drugs like finasteride are made to block the conversion of testosterone to DHT by binding to the 5α-Reductase enzyme,
preventing your body from producing any DHT in the first place.
Finasteride binds to 5-AR proteins to block DHT from binding with them.
This helps keep DHT from binding to receptors on your hair follicles and keeps them from shrinking.
hqdefault.jpg

How can I naturally lower DHT?
Practicing a healthy lifestyle can help reduce DHT levels naturally. This includes regular exercise, quit smoking, reduce stress, take time to rest, and do scalp exercises like massages to reduce tension and increase blood flow. The herbal route is also an effective natural way to reduce DHT in the body.
Natural-DHT-blockers.png

Is Blocking DHT bad?

or
Is Blocking DHT safe?

For the most part, blocking DHT doesn't produce any noticeable side effects for most men. The vast majority of people that use drugs like finasteride and topical DHT blockers don't experience any negative effects -- instead, they notice thicker and healthier hair.

What's the importance of DHT during puberty?
DHT is biologically important for sexual differentiation of the male genitalia during embryogenesis, maturation of the penis and scrotum at puberty, growth of facial, body, and pubic hair, and development and maintenance of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles.

Is DHT important after puberty?
At puberty, DHT is critical for penile growth. It works in combination with testosterone to increase the size of the male external genitalia. This does not mean that taking testosterone or DHT will increase your penis size. Adult men who have completed puberty no longer have androgen receptors in their penile tissue.

Does stress increase DHT levels?
Stress due to sleep deprivation in military recruits lowered testosterone levels, but is not noted to have affected SHBG.
Thus, stress due to sleep deprivation in fit males is unlikely to elevate DHT, which is one cause of male pattern baldness.

Do DHT blockers really work?
DHT blockers are the most effective hair loss treatment. A study by the American Academy of Dermatology found that finasteride is effective at DHT blocking. Not only does it halt hair loss, but it can even help with future growth.
Finasteride.png

Can hair grow back after Balding?
Eventually, it takes longer for hair to grow back. Then, the follicles will shrink so that no hair grows at all. Male pattern baldness shows up in a telltale shape: a receding hairline with thinning strands around the crown of your head. ... Hair will not grow back. it's important to take action as early as possible to stop your hair loss.
balding.jpg

Do hair follicles die in male pattern baldness?
Male pattern baldness follows a typical sequence or pattern, and air loss can start in different areas but is usually at the temples and/or on the crown of the head. ... In male pattern balding, hair follicles actually shrink; they don't disappear.

@admin @Rkelly @Neo @Pendejo pin this if you think it's useful.
I may make part 2 talking about most hair loss treatments if this thread got positive outcome.

View attachment 11942

why do men lose their hair?
Most Common Cause: Male Pattern Baldness(androgenetic alopecia)
it's caused by genes you get from your parents. Scientists think the gene may affect how sensitive your hair follicles are to a hormone called DHT,
which makes them shrink. As they get smaller, the hair that grows back tends to be finer, thinner, and shorter. Eventually, it takes longer for hair to grow back.

How to know If I have androgenetic alopecia?
The Hairline And Crown Of The Head
Usually the early signs of male pattern baldness will include thinning of the hair line and bald areas at the crown of the head.
You will know your hairline is receding as it gradually moves backward with the temples receding back more than the middle portion of the scalp.
View attachment 11945 View attachment 11946 View attachment 11949

At what age I can start to experience androgenetic alopecia?
Hair Loss in Your 20s
The majority of androgenetic alopecia (or male pattern baldness) sufferers start noticing their hair loss in their mid to late twenties.
By age 20, about 20% of men have at least some visible hair loss.

Is it possible to experience hair loss as a teenager?
Hair Loss in Teenagers
While you may feel like you are too young to start losing your hair in your teens, the reality is that hair loss can begin as early as 15 or 16 years old.
While it’s uncommon, hair loss in your teens tends to come on gradually, beginning with thinning hair or a receding hairline.

How does male pattern baldness work?
Each hair on your head has a growth cycle. With male pattern baldness, this growth cycle begins to weaken and the hair follicle shrinks, producing shorter and finer strands of hair.
Eventually, the growth cycle for each hair ends and no new hair grows in its place.

Fast facts on dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

DHT is an androgen and helps give males their male characteristics. DHT is thought to cause hair follicles to miniaturize, and this contributes to male pattern hair loss. By the age of 50 years, over half of the men in the U.S. will probably experience hair loss mediated by DHT.
View attachment 11953

Does DHT cause hairloss?
If you're genetically susceptible to hair loss, DHT can bind to receptors in your hair follicles and cause them to shrink, weaken and eventually die. ... Since DHT is the primary hormone responsible for hair loss in men, the most effective way to slow down and prevent hair loss is to block DHT.

View attachment 11952

How does DHT kill hair follicles?
An enzyme called 5-alpha reductase -- which is produced in the largest concentrations in the prostate and scalp -- converts some of the testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, or DHT. DHT can in turn cause hair follicles to begin to atrophy.

Why does DHT only affect the scalp?
Balding areas of the scalp show increases in a potent form of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT), while drugs that block conversion of testosterone to DHT can slow hair loss. In the scalp, DHT seems to cause hair follicles to become thinner. ... Testosterone contributes to thinning of the subcutaneous fat.

Does increasing testosterone increase DHT?
When levels of testosterone increase, more of it is converted to dihydrotestosterone and so levels of dihydrotestosterone therefore also increase as a result. ... As testosterone in the blood increases, more of it is also converted to dihydrotestosterone, resulting in higher levels of dihydrotestosterone as well.

How do you stop DHT from attacking hair follicles?

or
How do you stop testosterone from turning into DHT?

Drugs like finasteride are made to block the conversion of testosterone to DHT by binding to the 5α-Reductase enzyme,
preventing your body from producing any DHT in the first place.
Finasteride binds to 5-AR proteins to block DHT from binding with them.
This helps keep DHT from binding to receptors on your hair follicles and keeps them from shrinking.
View attachment 11954

How can I naturally lower DHT?
Practicing a healthy lifestyle can help reduce DHT levels naturally. This includes regular exercise, quit smoking, reduce stress, take time to rest, and do scalp exercises like massages to reduce tension and increase blood flow. The herbal route is also an effective natural way to reduce DHT in the body.
View attachment 11956

Is Blocking DHT bad?

or
Is Blocking DHT safe?

For the most part, blocking DHT doesn't produce any noticeable side effects for most men. The vast majority of people that use drugs like finasteride and topical DHT blockers don't experience any negative effects -- instead, they notice thicker and healthier hair.

What's the importance of DHT during puberty?
DHT is biologically important for sexual differentiation of the male genitalia during embryogenesis, maturation of the penis and scrotum at puberty, growth of facial, body, and pubic hair, and development and maintenance of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles.

Is DHT important after puberty?
At puberty, DHT is critical for penile growth. It works in combination with testosterone to increase the size of the male external genitalia. This does not mean that taking testosterone or DHT will increase your penis size. Adult men who have completed puberty no longer have androgen receptors in their penile tissue.

Does stress increase DHT levels?
Stress due to sleep deprivation in military recruits lowered testosterone levels, but is not noted to have affected SHBG.
Thus, stress due to sleep deprivation in fit males is unlikely to elevate DHT, which is one cause of male pattern baldness.

Do DHT blockers really work?
DHT blockers are the most effective hair loss treatment. A study by the American Academy of Dermatology found that finasteride is effective at DHT blocking. Not only does it halt hair loss, but it can even help with future growth.
View attachment 11957

Can hair grow back after Balding?
Eventually, it takes longer for hair to grow back. Then, the follicles will shrink so that no hair grows at all. Male pattern baldness shows up in a telltale shape: a receding hairline with thinning strands around the crown of your head. ... Hair will not grow back. it's important to take action as early as possible to stop your hair loss.
View attachment 11958

Do hair follicles die in male pattern baldness?
Male pattern baldness follows a typical sequence or pattern, and air loss can start in different areas but is usually at the temples and/or on the crown of the head. ... In male pattern balding, hair follicles actually shrink; they don't disappear.

@admin @Rkelly @Neo @Pendejo pin this if you think it's useful.
I may make part 2 talking about most hair loss treatments if this thread got positive outcome.
unnamed (3).gif
that's a @Pendejo IQ level post

Brilliant man, male pattern baldness is caused by this and that, I have it and it’s this simple. Fin and minox aren’t enough it’s just a cope. Transplant is a temporary fix and hair system will help you if transplant doesn’t provide adequate results

I like feminine twinks so I'm already the Forum T mogger.
My T is already high enough I don’t need to inject it am I low T for thinking that?

This roids cope needs to end @Rei can’t you accept that it’s better to be toned and “otter mode” at a short height

• Sick
Reactions: Rei
My T is already high enough
Numbers?
can’t you accept that it’s better to be toned and “otter mode” at a short height
You say that as if I'll be some Ronnie Coleman mass monster by injecting 200 mg of Test a week... I will be just that, a little toned since I'm Truecel so the Roids won't have a major impact on my physique, I won't do a lot of gym either just Calisthenics stuff probably, maybe some weights...

Also, mental aid from the Test is what I seek too.

I don’t feel low test, and even if I was I’d go ahead get the numbers checked by proffesionals, if it’s actually low then id gymcel for a year and drink less alcohol. If that doesn’t work I’d hop on roids

So 200mg a week I’ve read online is just above your natural test so it’s only worth it if you have low test are you sure you have low test that will not even respond to normal gymcelling?
440 ng/dl last measured buddy boyo.
Wtf is the point of taking roids to become a little toned?
MENTAL HEALTH and convenience, do I have to keep repeating myself?
with less hair,
I'll take appropriate measures if necessary and preventive of course.
worse skin
Doubt it, I take care of it already that stuff is over-exaggerated by normal faggots I bet nothing major will happen.
shrunken balls
So?
when you could have been the same exact toned without all the bullshit
I'm Truecel, can't build muscle naturally and I cba for sub-par results after 10 years of natty gymcelling (a f*****g joke btw) Jfl if you aren't injecting as a """looksmaxxer"""

I don’t feel low test, and even if I was I’d go ahead get the numbers checked by proffesionals, if it’s actually low then id gymcel for a year and drink less alcohol. If that doesn’t work I’d hop on roids
K. Whatever suits you, I'm not wasting any more time though I'm jumping on Test this year.

440 ng/dl last measured buddy boyo.

MENTAL HEALTH and convenience, do I have to keep repeating myself?

I'll take appropriate measures if necessary and preventive of course.

Doubt it, I take care of it already that stuff is over-exaggerated by normal faggots I bet nothing major will happen.

So?

I'm Truecel, can't build muscle naturally and I cba for sub-par results after 10 years of natty gymcelling (a f*****g joke btw) Jfl if you aren't injecting as a """looksmaxxer"""
Umm, it takes 2 year to have a toned body the average normie is FAT AF. If you claim you need more than 2 years natty then t he level of mass you want will make you look like a try hard anyway

440 isn’t even that low and it increases with natty gymcelling. So let me get this straight you aren’t even natty gymcelling and complaining that your low test... duh... No fap and roids are a cope for you, man. Sorry to say it but hopping on a TRT dose when you’re hardly low test will not change your mentality compared to natty it will speed things up 2 months instead of 1 year for side effects then after you realise you didn’t need roids in the first place you will have to go off them

• Dislike
If you claim you need more than 2 years natty then t he level of mass you want will make you look like a try hard anyway
You're very ignorant on this topic, it is ALL dependant on genetics with how much mass one can put on. Truecels get a "toned" body after 10 years, just look at some natural bodybuilders, I've seen one from Nick's Strength and Power and he looked like an utter JOKE jfl, tons were saying in the comment section how they got discouraged from natty bb by that.
440 isn’t even that low
Of course not, it's in the normal shekel backed range. Thanks, doctor! I'll continue eating my healthy grains!
cope for you, man.
Jfl I don't view NoFap as anything else but a pisspoor Truecel cope, me posting on @Shrek Truecel NoFap thread is simply for my amusement.
Sorry to say it but hopping on a TRT dose when you’re hardly low test will not change your mentality within 2 months instead of 1 year for side effects
False, we'll see about that though.

You're very ignorant on this topic, it is ALL dependant on genetics with how much mass one can put on. Truecels get a "toned" body after 10 years, just look at some natural bodybuilders, I've seen one from Nick's Strength and Power and he looked like an utter JOKE jfl, tons were saying in the comment section how they got discouraged from natty bb by that.

Of course not, it's in the normal shekel backed range. Thanks, doctor! I'll continue eating my healthy grains!

Jfl I don't view NoFap as anything else but a pisspoor Truecel cope, me posting on @Shrek Truecel NoFap thread is simply for my amusement.

False, we'll see about that though.
Fair enough I thought people genuinely believe in no fap JFL. Guess you’re right I don’t know much about the specific topic of roids however, I personally wouldn’t categorise myself as very ignorant on it sounds a bit exaggerated

Good luck then