Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Eyelashes maxxing

Coleman

Hello,

as far as i know eyelashes contribute really much to a good facial look (mine are short and barely visible). So i would like to ask:

• Which serum/ method can you recommend?
  • What exactly does it?
  • Since many products in the beauty industry are a scam – we should not waste our money: Is evidence anecdotically or is there good sientific evidence? If possible: you have a scientific/ thrustworthy reference?
  • Most important: is there any serum/ method which effect (after a while) is PERMANENT, so that i do NOT have to use it anymore, but still have the better looking (like it is with beard hairs, supposedly)? Also here: Since many products in the beauty industry are a scam – we should not waste our money: If possible: you have a scientific/ thrustworthy reference for the PERMANENT effect?
Thank you very much.

Best regards

Which serum/ method can you recommend?
Most important: is there any serum/ method which effect (after a while) is PERMANENT
transplants are permanent not any serum I know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
eyelash gains from latisse will definitely NOT stay after discontinuing using it (even worse, they might fall out!) - but that is what is most important for me: a permanent effect more or less forever after discontinuing taking something. So, i figured out minoxidil gains on the BEARD (as opposed to the scalp) have definitely the potential to stay forever (but for that you need to use it for 2 years, only then the hairs become "terminal"). Now the very important question ist: will eyelash gains from minoxidil stay also forever after discontinuing taking it? if yes: under which circumstances? is it also necessary to take minoxidil for 2 years to get eyeslash gains which will stay forever after discontinuing?

thanks

eyelash gains from latisse will definitely NOT stay after discontinuing using it (even worse, they might fall out!) - but that is what is most important for me: a permanent effect more or less forever after discontinuing taking something. So, i figured out minoxidil gains on the BEARD (as opposed to the scalp) have definitely the potential to stay forever (but for that you need to use it for 2 years, only then the hairs become "terminal"). Now the very important question ist: will eyelash gains from minoxidil stay also forever after discontinuing taking it? if yes: under which circumstances? is it also necessary to take minoxidil for 2 years to get eyeslash gains which will stay forever after discontinuing?

thanks
Just get an eyelash transplant

• Most important: is there any serum/ method which effect (after a while) is PERMANENT, so that i do NOT have to use it anymore, but still have the better looking

For permanent results, the only method I know of would be using minoxidil. There are two ways of using minoxidil, either topically or orally.

Topical, pros
Topical minox is easier to get your hands on and you are less likely to suffer from side effects from it as well. There hair growth will mostly be limited to the places where you apply it to.

Topical, cons
Dealing with topical application may seem bothering to some. And quite a lot of people don't respond to topical application. It might be too irritating to the sensitive skin surrounding the eyes(topical minox comes in two forms, liquid and foam. The foam version is less irritating than the liquid one). There is also the risk of getting it into the eyes, with will cause major irritation. If you do get it into the eyes, rinse with cold/lukewarm water immediately.

Oral, pros
You just need to take a pill. If you want more hair growth in other areas of your body, including scalp, this is likely to help with that. Oral minox has been shown to be more effective than topical, and can work for people who doesn't repsond to topical treatment. Oral minox also deals with any issues of irritation to the skin.

Oral, cons
Bigger risk of side effects. You are also not in control of where you will induce hair growth with this method and may end up with hair in places where you didn't want any at all, or more of it.

It is worth noting that if you intend on using topical minox for other areas, such as your beard or scalp, you may seem increased growth in your lashes from this alone. This seems especially true for people who use minox for beard growth, from what I have read so far.

It varies from person to person with the time it takes for hairs to become terminal(permanent).

Last edited: