Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Facepulling Q&A

Ethan Asia

Banned
Top Contributor
Should you pull downwards
- No, as it can cause your maxilla to rotate negatively, and you'll develop gummy smile overtime.

How long do you need to facepull?
- About 12 - 16h MIMIMUM

How much of a progress can you expect
- 1.5mm advancement from 4 months with 0.5kg
1 year = 4.5 mm

Should you drill screws in maxilla, to get faster results
- No, as the screw failure rate is extremely high, don't do that. Hovewer if you plan on using nelson appliance, they won't gonna fall out since the direction of the forces are different- So yes.

Is there better replacement for acrylic ?
I built my silicone mouth piece for facepulling a few days ago (much softer) and I have developed a tiny diastema in 3 days indicating palate expansion, no none of the appliances touches my teeth lol

I can finally start pulling consistently and for a long period of time, acrylic was way too hard to use for more than 2 hours, gets mogged by silicone insanely hard, going to be combining this with forward thumb pulling too

How to get comfortable while wearing it, and avoid nerve entrapment
- You should dedicate one hour before wearing facepuller to stretching excercises. For neck, shoulders, and arms.

Or buy hockey helmet 300$, and wear it. I am not concerned if it's more effective or not, but it is more comfortable indeed.

apparently, looksmax.me search function doesn't work, and i couldn't provide more questions, but i started thread anyways, so feel free to ask any questions here.

Should you pull downwards
- No, as it can cause your maxilla to rotate negatively, and you'll develop gummy smile overtime.

How long do you need to facepull?
- About 12 - 16h MIMIMUM

How much of a progress can you expect
- 1.5mm advancement from 4 months with 0.5kg
1 year = 4.5 mm

Should you drill screws in maxilla, to get faster results
- No, as the screw failure rate is extremely high, don't do that. Hovewer if you plan on using nelson appliance, they won't gonna fall out since the direction of the forces are different- So yes.

Is there better replacement for acrylic ?
I built my silicone mouth piece for facepulling a few days ago (much softer) and I have developed a tiny diastema in 3 days indicating palate expansion, no none of the appliances touches my teeth lol

I can finally start pulling consistently and for a long period of time, acrylic was way too hard to use for more than 2 hours, gets mogged by silicone insanely hard, going to be combining this with forward thumb pulling too

How to get comfortable while wearing it, and avoid nerve entrapment
- You should dedicate one hour before wearing facepuller to stretching excercises. For neck, shoulders, and arms.

Or buy hockey helmet 300$, and wear it. I am not concerned if it's more effective or not, but it is more comfortable indeed.

apparently, looksmax.me search function doesn't work, and i couldn't provide more questions, but i started thread anyways, so feel free to ask any questions here.
If i use 1.5kg of force could i get 1.125mm a month?

It's achievable in 4 months if you use @nelson appliance
his appliance looks retarted tbh, it pulls backwards and he didn't measure the net force in his video so he could be pulling his maxilla backwards LOOL, and he pulls at a retarded angle, you're supposed to pull at a +30 degree angle he pulls higher than that, and the nails prevent his teeth from touching at rest which is needed for the mandible to follow lol his design is f*****g stupid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read scientific studies proving that maxillary protraction is extremely slow in adults and 17 months are required to get just 1.7 millimiters of forward growth, while wearing it 14 hours a day

That's almost year and a half...

So it'll take you 6 years to get just 1cm of change

Also for every extra hour you want to spend into facepulling, add 0.12 into your result, we got that number by deviding 1.7 (Results) by 14 (Number of hours).

So if i facepulled for 20 hours per day, it'll be:

1.7 + (0.12 × 6) = 2.42mm
(in 17 months)

Contest
1.7 - Result you get from facepulling for 14h
0.12 - Milimeters change in one hour apart
6 - Hours remaining to reach 20h (If i multiplied by 2, i would get 16h, and you can't multiply more than 10).

So with 20h per day, i'm getting 0.14mm increase EVERY MONTH. Calculate accurately from here (I've ignored additional decimals) .

It'll take me 6 years to get 1cm with 20h per day

insert this add-on to my facepuller appliance in order to make sure your lower jaw grows forward alongside the maxilla

000000.jpg