Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

I cant bite my back molars together when mewing...

6ft2

why cant i bite my back molars together when mewing? is it because i have an overbite? pls help

Back molars meaning wisdom teeth? If so, I wouldn’t be too worried about it. If your first and/or second molars don’t touch when you mew but do touch when you’re not, also wouldn’t worry about it. If they don’t touch no matter what you do, you probably have at least one tilted molar. Not a huge deal, something like Invisalign can help you out and if your molars really don’t touch it’s considered a bite issue. If this is the case, you likely have functional issues… you just didn’t notice it was potentially because of tilted teeth. Either way, there’s a very good chance insurance will cover braces if you legitimately have bite problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back molars meaning wisdom teeth? If so, I wouldn’t be too worried about it. If your first and/or second molars don’t touch when you mew but do touch when you’re not, also wouldn’t worry about it. If they don’t touch no matter what you do, you probably have at least one tilted molar. Not a huge deal, something like Invisalign can help you out and if your molars really don’t touch it’s considered a bite issue. If this is the case, you likely have functional issues… you just didn’t notice it was potentially because of tilted teeth. Either way, there’s a very good chance insurance will cover braces if you legitimately have bite problems.
thx so much

Alternatively you could see an a dentist who is specialized in orthotropic dentistry. These people typically studied Dr Mews work. They do have clinics across the USA if your based there. You can get a free assessment from them. My dentist shaved some of my teeth to fix my bite. It came from mouth breathing which was corrected through that same dentist. I used a applicator mouth guard for a few years and I wear one to sleep as well. It pretty much makes you mew while it’s in. Very nice for sleeping. I had an apnea problem as well and this fixed it in about a years time. My problems didn’t develop until my early 20s after getting in a fist fight with some retards (broken nose)