Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Theory KY19382 - Treatment für baldcels and shortcels?

RandyWendy

So I've been watching one of Kevin Mann's hairloss videos where he talks about a substance called KY19382. This substance supposedly affects (activates) the WNT pathway and is being researched as a potential hair growth stimulant, but also has another interesting mechanism of action...

At 6:45 he cites a study:
KY19382 is one of the newly synthesized analogues of indirubin‐3′‐monoxime (I3O), a glycogen synthase kinase‐3β (GSK‐3β) inhibitor, and has a significant ability to activate Wnt/β‐catenin signalling (Choi et al., 2019). Indirubin is an active ingredient of the indigo plant, Danggui Longhui Wan, used as traditional anti‐leukaemia medicine (Xiao et al., 2002). I3O is known to be a Wnt/β‐catenin activator that stabilizes β‐catenin via inhibition of GSK‐3β and has been shown to accelerate bone growth and inhibit adipogenesis (Cha & Choi, 2014; Choi et al., 2014; Zahoor et al., 2014). Furthermore, we recently found that KY19382 elongated tibial length by inactivating GSK‐3β and blocking the binding of CXXC‐type zinc finger protein 5 (CXXC5) and dishevelled (Dvl) (Choi et al., 2019). Moreover, PTD‐DBM, a peptide that interferes with CXXC5–Dvl interaction via binding to the PDZ domain of Dvl, stimulated wound‐induced hair follicle neogenesis (WIHN) and hair regrowth (Lee et al., 2017). However, this peptide is limited for routine application due to its cost and stability.

sources:

Could this be it? A potential medicinal substance für shortcels?

Can't believe I ignored this thread.

Wouldn't this require the growth plates to be unfused? You can augment growth before they fuse, but if you try too late your only option is limb lengthening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wouldn't this require the growth plates to be unfused? You can augment growth before they fuse, but if you try too late your only option is limb lengthening.
I am not sure. Depends on its mechanism which I don't fully understand!

But we have to keep an eye on this one. Seems kinda promising.

Sounds kinda promising!

Sounds kinda promising!
Why do you keep coping with chemical compounds that may or may not (most likely) work? Not to mention the various unwanted side effects... Just save up for LL then wear lifts or elevator shoes.

Why do you keep coping with chemical compounds that may or may not (most likely) work? Not to mention the various unwanted side effects... Just save up for LL then wear lifts or elevator shoes.
Chemical way is the way to go.

LL is for dumb losers.

I you want to be a non-athletic weak human with arthritis, then go for Limb Lengthening Surgery.
Challenge accepted! I'll quote you again after I succeed.

And I'm pretty sure that arthritis only occurs as a result of poor alignment, which causes uneven wear on the joints. Assuming alignment is good (like mine), why would I expect to develop arthritis?

Challenge accepted! I'll quote you again after I succeed.

And I'm pretty sure that arthritis only occurs as a result of poor alignment, which causes uneven wear on the joints. Assuming alignment is good (like mine), why would I expect to develop arthritis?
Sure bro! I am awaiting your results.