What's new
Looksmaxxing Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mewing advice for grandpa

kronoseth

Hi looksmaxxers,

47 years old, mouth breather for the longest part of my life. Had 4 surgeries done on my nose. Broken 3 times during contact sport.
After the latest succesfull surgery I can finaly breathe through ny nose again. My chin is reccessed tho, not sure if this is due to the mouthbreathing or just genetics. I can however grow a beard and balace things out. Also my face is on the longer side. Google sent me here after doing some research. Boiled down to the midface area.

Some pics..
Tipsand advice is appreciated.
Can mewing help at this age? I'm not going under the knife again.

Thanks!

Kg8qsoPy_400x400.jpg NmdAiCdc.jpeg

sakuzjo

Hey pops

Respect for going on here and asking for advice. Side profile pic lighting isn't good but doesn't look recessed to me. You got a pretty mean look and I wouldn't be surprised if you got lots of attention (if your personality matches your looks lol).

Mewing is just proper posture, it'll make your life better by changing your breathing, even if it won't affect your face. I heard from Dr Mew that mewing isn't effective past 25 "hard ceiling", but I got some pretty massive changes at 21, doesn't feel hard ceiling to me... Try hard mewing and make sure you're getting enough vit D3 and K2 especially for bone reformation. Personal anecdote, I've been thumb pulling and been on D3 (20,000 IU) and K2 for a month, seeing changes much quicker than just mewing by itself. Focus on getting the posture down first, past that, it's all how much effort you put in

Curious on ur progress

Cheers

kronoseth

Thanks a lot for your advice, much appreciated! Not sure wat thumb pulling is but I will look it up and start taking the vitamins. Also I am advising my son (16) who suffers from asthma to do the same. Agreed on enhancing the quality of life even if it won't affect aesthetics.

Regards

sakuzjo

Glad to help. There's alot I wished I discovered when I was 16. I think asthma was correlated with sleep apnea and other breathing problems, I was a chronic mouth breather and it helped to tape my mouth shut while I slept (many doctors actually recommend this for patients). Few months of this + mewing and I developed the habit of breathing properly so no longer needed it. Another thing for habits that's pretty important is to maintain mewing and good breathing while under stress or distraction (eg. while exercising, while thinking hard about math problems, while experiencing temperature shock from cold shower, etc.) because it's alot easier to forget our self-imposed habits when our mind is elsewhere. (I noticed this in myself and other ppl too: even if they don't mouth breathe normally, they often do so while they were occupied).

Your son is pretty lucky that you're helping him with stuff while he's 16. Some things you might wanna look at are Weston Price's research on k2, as well as research on vit d3 to treat chronic diseases (good articles on vitamindwiki.com); it's pretty interesting that the rate of chronic diseases has increased 10x over the last quarter century and vitamin D deficiency has also increased significantly. High doses apparently helped autoimmune problems and even alzheimer's and MS (it cleared up my skin when the doctor's meds just made me reliant), if you're gonna megadose like me just make sure you have enough K2 to balance so that the calcium binds to your bones and doesn't stay in your blood. Big pharma definitely has an interest in having people take meds instead of treating the root cause of their chronic problems, but you should come to your own conclusions :)

For thumb pulling make sure you don't touch your teeth directly :p its main purpose is to expand the palate, which helps mewing efficiency + airway changes. I had a shitton of health problems when I was 18 and I fixed them all, your son will be fine (as long as he is consistent)

Best!

kronoseth

"Big pharma doesn't cure you, dog. Cause every patient that gets cured is a customer lost" - Tom Macdonald

I totally agree with you regarding Big pharma.

So much information one can consume nowadays, it's a blessing in the internet information age. Of course it also comes with pretty serious cons.

Thanks again for taking time out of your day in offering advice, really appreciated!

If I may throw in my 5 cents and help out the youth. Do some research on organic sulfur crystals (it's classified as food). Read the cellular matrix study by Patrick Mcgean. Adding this to your diet will generate massive health benefits, out of this world. It (sulfur) used to be plenty in our food through the sulfur rich soil. It is missing in out food today due to the way we farm. This also led to many of the chronic health diseases you mentioned and made and is making $$$ for the Big farma.
Long story short, sulfur takes the oxygen out of the water we drink end transport it to our cells membraines.

Combine this with breathing excercies (Wim Hoff method) and cold showers and miracles will start to unfold, physicall and mentally.
And also try to meditate. Make sure you have enough alone time and try to silence the chattering monkey in your mind. If you can't control your mind your mind will most certainly control you.

And lastly, learn to fight. Put muscle on the frame and practice good character (what from our short convo here I can tell you have loads of).

Sorry for grammatical errs, english is not my native tongue.

Greetings from the Netherlands

sakuzjo

Will give sulfur a look. I have been doing wim hof breathing on and off for the last bit, along with cold showers, thx for the reminder :) Your english is pretty good btw

Best from canada :p

sakuzjo

I've heard about the benefits of meditation too, I know it's good to devote some time to it everyday but I havent because I'm not that responsible :p fighting is also on the to-do list very soon. Thanks for the advice pops!