Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Theory Philtral column definition and cupid's bow shape matter much more than philtrum length

Pendejo

Top Contributor
Established Member
The following image shows what the philtral columns and the cupid's bow are:
gr1-297.jpg

Undefined philtral columns and flat-shaped cupid's bows have a much more negative effect on the appearance of the mouth area than a long philtrum has.
sundaram17784.fig2.gif

They make you look older and like you have fetal alcohol syndrome.
fasd1.jpg

You can still look good with a moderately long philtrum if you have a defined cupids bow and philtral columns.
tumblr_m5muwqY9pT1r0qnnko1_400.jpg
Suicide+Squad+European+Premiere+Red+Carpet+hde2yzHFRs8x.jpg

Of course to be able to look good with a long philtrum you also need to have a tall chin and a short nose or/and a wide IPD, but thats not the point of this thread.

I agree
But is there anything you can do to get a more defined Cupid's bow or philtral column?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But is there anything you can do to get a more defined Cupid's bow or philtral column?
I think you could change the shape of the cupid's bow with a vermillion advancement of the lip, the procedure is explained on this thread.

As for the philtral columns, to make them more defined you can get:

Fillers:
lips anatomy.png

And dermal grafts:
dermal-graft-philtrum-augmentation-dr-barry-eppley-indianapolis.jpg
philtral-enhancement-upper-lip-front-view-dr-barry-eppley-indianapolis.jpg

I think you can get implants to enhance the philtral columns too, but I havent really looked into that.

The following image shows what the philtral columns and the cupid's bow are:
gr1-297.jpg

Undefined philtral columns and flat-shaped cupid's bows have a much more negative effect on the appearance of the mouth area than a long philtrum has.
sundaram17784.fig2.gif

They make you look older and like you have fetal alcohol syndrome.
fasd1.jpg

You can still look good with a moderately long philtrum if you have a defined cupids bow and philtral columns.
tumblr_m5muwqY9pT1r0qnnko1_400.jpg
Suicide+Squad+European+Premiere+Red+Carpet+hde2yzHFRs8x.jpg

Of course to be able to look good with a long philtrum you also need to have a tall chin and a short nose or/and a wide IPD, but thats not the point of this thread.
do i have a defined cupids bow and philtral columns?

Back