Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Pitchers vs. Swimmers

Pendejo

Top Contributor
Established Member
I came across this article which caught my attention, idk if this has already been posted or discussed here, so I am going to post it anyway:
pitcher-vs-swimmer-300x300.png
The pitcher is a classic scapular depression example. Notice how “flat” the clavicle presentation is. He’s very lat dominant and struggles to get scapular elevation as part of upward rotation as the arms go overhead. He needs more upper trap activity.

Conversely, the swimmer is a scapular elevation presentation. Notice the significant upslope of the collarbone. He’s already so elevated that he struggles to get the rotational component of upward rotation. He needs more serratus anterior and lower trap, but less upper trap.

The shoulders of the guy with higher set acromions look less sloped, more broad and aesthetic from the back, but this also results in him having v-shaped clavicles, unlike the guy with lower set acromions who has straight clavicles.
This makes me wonder if v-shaped clavicles are so bad after all.

@Buddy Boyo I would like to hear what you have to say about this, maybe you could help clear some things up, since this got me confused ngl.

Does over time swimming shapes clavicles like that?? or having that kind of clavicle gives swimmers an undue advantage??

Does over time swimming shapes clavicles like that?? or having that kind of clavicle gives swimmers an undue advantage??
Swimming almost undoubtedly has positive effects on shoulder width. Look at Olympic swimmers; most of them are broad as f**k with small waists.

G
Swimming almost undoubtedly has positive effects on shoulder width. Look at Olympic swimmers; most of them are broad as f**k with small waists.
Granted it’s likely only beneficial if you’re still developing physically. Guys like Michael Phelps grew up in pools.

No michael Phelps actually has pretty wide hips.
1341937608_michael-nov-2011-zoom.jpg

1-1.png

His hips and waist are way wider than David Laid, but because of his huge ribcage, you don't notice it.

No michael Phelps actually has pretty wide hips.
1341937608_michael-nov-2011-zoom.jpg

1-1.png

His hips and waist are way wider than David Laid, but because of his huge ribcage, you don't notice it.
I look at overall size. His waist is proportionally small to his insanely broad shoulders. That’s all that matters.

I’ve long suspected the bullshit about clavicle shape was retarded f*g bullshit, just get jacked and obtain width.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Buddy Boyo I would like to hear what you have to say about this, maybe you could help clear some things up, since this got me confused ngl.
Let's see if I reword this as a question he replies...

@Buddy Boyo which one of these guys would Toth77 rather get railed by and why?

Let's see if I reword this as a question he replies...

@Buddy Boyo which one of these guys would Toth77 rather get railed by and why?

I will do a megathread about shoulders

I was wrong, its not the clavicle shape, its the humerus head which gives you square shoulders

I’ve long suspected the bullshit about clavicle shape was retarded f*g bullshit, just get jacked and obtain width.

Not true mate

Lowset sloped and narrow shoulders will make you even more pathetic looking if you train

Not true mate

Lowset sloped and narrow shoulders will make you even more pathetic looking if you train
Just seems like stupid cope but maybe I just have good frame genes and am speaking from a PROBLEMATIC place of PRIVELIGE

@Pendejo do u train ur neck??
I trained it for some time, but then stopped and lost pretty much all my gains, my neck circumference is 16 inches rn, I have been meaning to start training it again, but I keep procrastinating doing so 😅

Why are you asking this out of the blue tho? Lol.

if you swim as often as a child it will. nothing you can do about it now so just go er

Why are you asking this out of the blue tho? Lol
mirin your neck

mine is 43cm at 20% bf still it doesn't look much thick damn....
Well, I am quite lean and my skull circumference is 22.6 inches, so nothing out of the ordinary.

what was ur peak circumference?
I didn't measure it tbh, but I guess 17+ inches.
It wasn't till I stopped training and it shrinked back to its original size that I noticed how much of a difference it made, I legit felt like I had a pencil neck for a few weeks.

Back