Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion What do you all do for skincare (anti-aging)

Duidee

I use Tretnoin (0.05%), a natural moisturizer, and a normal face wash. I also use sunscreen daily to prevent my bad aging genes from making me look like a California raisin. This is the bare minimum for my skincare, and I have yet to delve into subjects such as Red Light Therapy or other ways to improve collagen, elastin, prevent skin degradation, etc. Does anyone here have experience or advise on how to improve skin health and appearance (preferably without chemicals that will make my dick fall off/cause cancer)?

Regards,

-Duidee

I shower max man.

I use Tretnoin (0.05%), a natural moisturizer, and a normal face wash. I also use sunscreen daily to prevent my bad aging genes from making me look like a California raisin. This is the bare minimum for my skincare, and I have yet to delve into subjects such as Red Light Therapy or other ways to improve collagen, elastin, prevent skin degradation, etc. Does anyone here have experience or advise on how to improve skin health and appearance (preferably without chemicals that will make my dick fall off/cause cancer)?

Regards,

-Duidee
cleanser, vitamin c, retinol serum, moisturizer, sunscreen for me...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gave me an allergic reaction and had a retarded n****r tier lip swelling for two days
That sucks man, I would definitely try to incorporate a retinoid (Vitamin A Base) into you skincare routine, as they have numerous benefits. Personally I looked like I was immolated for about the first 6 months I used it daily, and it has slowly tapered off.

Most important points: Avoid the sun, wear sunscreen, and drink plenty of water. Also take vitamin C and collagen. Taking anti-glycation supplements, like carnosine, may help preserve elasticity. Also, avoid sugar. Sugar increases inflammation and promotes crosslinking with glucose.

Carnosine is one of those supplements that are not properly absorbed by your intestinal barrier, I'm not a fan of it
About the sun : It depends on your daily exposure, the key is slow adaptation. 10-15 minutes a day (in the morning or when sun starts to decline) brings you the Vitamine D we need so much. But as soon as you expose your face for a long time without a gradual rise the days before, your skin gets deteriorated even if you don't get a sunburn. Apply a massive dose of sunscreen at the beach, when skiing or even when playing soccer outside

A underated supplement you can take for a brutal sun exposure is Asthaxantin. Vitamine C and Vitamine E in serums for your face also help to reduce the damage created by the sun. Of course even if you do all of these you should still wear sunscreen when needed. Be even more careful with the sun if you use a retinoid cream

I do agree on making sure to drink enough water and taking collagen as a supplement, I already do it

Also in my previous post I talked about Argan oil, it is because Argan oil is loaded with Vitamine E. The last Vitamine C serum I bought also contains Vitamines E so I'm not using Argan oil anymore. I also added a Vitamine B3-B5 serum in the morning.
And exfoliate your skin once a week (not more, but do it properly) with an acid matching your skin type

Last word, avoid f*****g industrial sugars and fats. Fruits, veggies, oilseeds and salmon are the best friends of your skin !

Last edited:
Carnosine is one of those supplements that are not properly absorbed by your intestinal barrier, I'm not a fan of it
About the sun : It depends on your daily exposure, the key is slow adaptation. 10-15 minutes a day (in the morning or when sun starts to decline) brings you the Vitamine D we need so much. But as soon as you expose your face for a long time without a gradual rise the days before, your skin gets deteriorated even if you don't get a sunburn. Apply a massive dose of sunscreen at the beach, when skiing or even when playing soccer outside

A underated supplement you can take for a brutal sun exposure is Asthaxantin. Vitamine C and Vitamine E in serums for your face also help to reduce the damage created by the sun. Of course even if you do all of these you should still wear sunscreen when needed. Be even more careful with the sun if you use a retinoid cream

I do agree on making sure to drink enough water and taking collagen as a supplement, I already do it

Also in my previous post I talked about Argan oil, it is because Argan oil is loaded with Vitamine E. The last Vitamine C serum I bought also contains Vitamines E so I'm not using Argan oil anymore. I also added a Vitamine B3-B5 serum in the morning.
And exfoliate your skin once a week (not more, but do it properly) with an acid matching your skin type

Last word, avoid f*****g industrial sugars and fats. Fruits, veggies, oilseeds and salmon are the best friends of your skin !

I've never heard about that bioavailability issue with carnosine. By chance do you know what fraction is actually absorbed? Benfotiamine is a good supplement that has a similar effect in terms of reducing glycation. Of course, diet is very important too. It's the same relationship as sunscreen to sun exposure.

As far as fruit goes, I've always heard that it should be minimized or eliminated completely. Fructose interacts readily with tissues in the body to create crosslinking, similar to the crosslinking produced from cooking a turkey.

Telomerase activators are also a good option. They're very expensive though.

About Carnosine I heard that from an independant French scientific journalist I do trust from my experience following his advice, but I don't know the details

The fructose in fruits is not the same than the one used in scientific studies that showed the harmful effects of fructose. It was artificial fructose, the fructose you find in industrial crap. When eating fruit, the absorption of fructose from the intestine is significantly slowed down by fiber and the general structure of the fruit. In addition, a fruit contains only 10 g of fructose, on average whereas industrial products are much more concentrated. Thus, it is unlikely to exceed the liver's ability to metabolize fructose from fruit (as long as you don't consume 30 dates a day) and therefore impossible to become diabetic or fat by eating a lot of fruit if the rest of the diet is good. What we need to avoid is fruit juice, whatever it is homemade or processed (even worse) because they loose their fibers. But I do consume homemade vegetable juices (spinach, cucumbe, celeri, parsley ...) when I have time to do it

Yeah Telomerase activators are for millionaires 😅

And just not to confuse people, to me exfoliating products and Vitamine B serums are interesting but not a priority when being on a budget. Make sure to know you skin type to adapt the basics of skincare routine to your case. Do not hesitate to check out some youtube videos to learn basics. For brands, just make sure to use a reputable one

When eating fruit, the absorption of fructose from the intestine is significantly slowed down by fiber and the general structure of the fruit. In addition, a fruit contains only 10 g of fructose, on average whereas industrial products are much more concentrated. Thus, it is unlikely to exceed the liver's ability to metabolize fructose from fruit (as long as you don't consume 30 dates a day) and therefore impossible to become diabetic or fat by eating a lot of fruit if the rest of the diet is good. What we need to avoid is fruit juice, whatever it is homemade or processed (even worse) because they loose their fibers. But I do consume homemade vegetable juices (spinach, cucumbe, celeri, parsley ...) when I have time to do it

Okay, gotcha. That makes sense. I've always heard that the fiber from the fruit lowers the glycemic index.

See to prevent ageing, One should follow a well-matching skincare routine as per their skin type, season and lifestyle.

Here is a glimpse of my skincare routine -
  1. Cleanser
  2. Toner
  3. Moisturizer
  4. Sunscreen
This sunscreen is working best for me and I am very happy about this, I am F24 happy with this and I may change the product from time to time depending on my lifestyle and work and season.