Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

What osteotomies should I get? 3DCT scan

Lancer55

I stumbled onto these types of forums and started reading about osteotomy procedures. I was wondering which if any of these types of procedures people would recommend based on my bone structure. Thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seems I’m unable to post images

You can, just click the image icon on the reply box, if you are on PC you can use the shortcut Ctrl+P.
Thank you sir. I forgot to mention in OP my mouth was partially open during the scan, not sure if that matters. If so I can find another scan from when I had an implant in.

DA85ABD6-3222-4E4C-A59C-CCB375F759AB.png
6F4F1660-72B2-46F2-9B77-8396F43B9BBE.png
7E15770B-772D-4AD8-94B6-60B29DF6A677.png

We’d need to see the rest of your skull from the side. I doubt you’re recessed based on what I can see.

We’d need to see the rest of your skull from the side. I doubt you’re recessed based on what I can see.
Unfortunately I only had the lower 2/3rd on the ct scan done. This was for wraparound a jaw implant which I had removed.

Unfortunately I only had the lower 2/3rd on the ct scan done. This was for wraparound a jaw implant which I had removed.
Mind sending me your results? Why’d you get it removed?

Mind sending me your results? Why’d you get it removed?
I’ll send you the results tomorrow. I had it removed because I felt there was a asymmetry in the implant placement. The surgeon felt it was due to soft tissues. Regardless the implant needed to be redsigned due to several changes I wanted made. I felt the chin was too wide, there was a noticeable soft tissue deficiency behind the masseter muscles (not sure if the masseter was torn), implant reveal on the corners of the jaw, reducing in the mandible width/body behind the chin, and at the time I felt I wanted to add vertical lengthening to the Jaw when in reality it should have been vertical lengthening to the chin that was added to the 2nd implant design.

I felt as if the gonial angle on the right side was not placed or designed correctly. As seen in the post op placement the angle isn't going in a straight line like the left side is. I was under the impression the implant would be designed to compensate but it was placed slightly above the bone and was noticeable to me from both the front and side profile views.The right side of the chin also had a slight tilt to it as well, making the vertical height seem shorter than the left side. The right side profile measurements weren't provided to me at the time. I didn't know better and didn't think to ask until after the fact.
Side Profile Implant.pngSide Profile Implant Post Op Placement.pngFront Profile Implant.pngFront Profile Implant Post Op Placement.pngBottom Profile Implant.pngBottom Profile Implant Post Op Placement.pngFront Profile Implant Measurements.pngRight Side Profile Implant Measurements.pngLeft Side Profile Implant Measurements.png
Side Profile Implant.png
Side Profile Implant Post Op Placement.png
Front Profile Implant.png
Front Profile Implant Post Op Placement.png
Bottom Profile Implant.png
Bottom Profile Implant Post Op Placement.pngFront Profile Implant Measurements.png
Right Side Profile Implant Measurements.png
Left Side Profile Implant Measurements.png

Last edited:
The doctor did a few case studies on my implant, can always pull those up if interested. Clearly the chin was much too wide as was the horizontal projection of the chin. According to the Doctor if the corners of the implant had been rounded I would not have had an implant reveal.

The doctor did a few case studies on my implant, can always pull those up if interested. Clearly the chin was much too wide as was the horizontal projection of the chin. According to the Doctor if the corners of the implant had been rounded I would not have had an implant reveal.
Even if it didn’t work out… congrats to you for actually doing something. Hopefully anything you do in the future works out, plus you have knowledge.

most people on these forums sit around and rot in self-pity. Seriously, I applaud you for taking steps to improve.

Even if it didn’t work out… congrats to you for actually doing something. Hopefully anything you do in the future works out, plus you have knowledge.

most people on these forums sit around and rot in self-pity. Seriously, I applaud you for taking steps to improve.
I appreciate the words of encouragement sir. The knowledge is the biggest gain for me at this point. I wish there was an accurate way to determine implant end results using predictions and measurements to reach every patients desired outcomes. While the second implant came out better than the first, improvements still need to be made. I’m down about $50k, between 2 different implants and 2 different surgeries to modify those implants before removal. Heindseight is 20/20 and while $50k is a lot, over the course of a life time it’s nothing compared to getting the self improvement I seek.

Can anyone tell me if something like this is achievable and what the procedure would be called? Is it bone burring, an osteotomy? The goal would be to reduce WIDTH only, on the mandible body. I don’t want my gonial angle changed.

1158CAA8-D5C9-4964-9E6E-371635A47507.pngA5BB3974-14DE-4388-AB5A-D925134ED632.jpeg
1158CAA8-D5C9-4964-9E6E-371635A47507.pngA5BB3974-14DE-4388-AB5A-D925134ED632.jpeg