Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Bible = blackpill?

Slicer

Banned
Reputable
Established
"for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" 1 Samuel 16:7.

And another verse says bodily exercise profits a little bit

But then you have verses like
"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30

I was going to make a thread about this. If you read the book called Song of Songs/Song of Solomon, it’s about the story of two young lovers, and the perspective switches between them.

They talk about how much they love each other and why they love each other and all I could think was how much of it was appearance based, and how their attraction to each other was purely rooted in them both being beautiful people. It was all about his hair, his eyes, her dress, her ass, etc. Not a single mention of personality or anything other than looks. That seems kind of blackpilled to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was going to make a thread about this. If you read the book called Song of Songs/Song of Solomon, it’s about the story of two young lovers, and the perspective switches between them.

They talk about how much they love each other and why they love each other and all I could think was how much of it was appearance based, and how their attraction to each other was purely rooted in them both being beautiful people. It was all about his hair, his eyes, her dress, her ass, etc. Not a single mention of personality or anything other than looks. That seems kind of blackpilled to me.
Agreed, are you a Christian as well? But then again a woman who fears the Lord is the absolute most important thing, even if there was a 9.5/10 non-christian woman who wanted me I wouldn't even give her a second thought

Extreamly blackpilled God made lucifer so beautiful when he moved music came from him he got prideful and then it all happened

Man does look on the outward appearance, superficial attributes like height, looks, status and wealth that directly determine a male's worth in society, to not only women but everyone else, hence "Man"

Humans are superficial, worldly, frivolous and materialistic
the Lord is otherworldly, transcendent unlike humans or matter, which are part of his creation

Second verse is pretty self explanatory

The third describes the deceptive nature of beauty and charm, it being a great gift from God but it's not what matters the most.

Beauty is objective math created by the Lord but it is superficial, and humans are more than the frivolousness of the quality of beauty, charm, attraction or seduction

The verse describes a woman who fears the Lord is confident in her faith and prioritizes it over her charm and beauty, and by honoring God, the Lord gifts her with eternal beauty and charm

to be granted young, beautiful, attractive and seductive forever

"for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart" 1 Samuel 16:7.

And another verse says bodily exercise profits a little bit

But then you have verses like
"Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30
"Profits little", as in not much.

Man does look on the outward appearance, superficial attributes like height, looks, status and wealth that directly determine a male's worth in society, to not only women but everyone else, hence "Man"

Humans are superficial, worldly, frivolous and materialistic
the Lord is otherworldly, transcendent unlike humans or matter, which are part of his creation

Second verse is pretty self explanatory

The third describes the deceptive nature of beauty and charm, it being a great gift from God but it's not what matters the most.

Beauty is objective math created by the Lord but it is superficial, and humans are more than the frivolousness of the quality of beauty, charm, attraction or seduction

The verse describes a woman who fears the Lord is confident in her faith and prioritizes it over her charm and beauty, and by honoring God, the Lord gifts her with eternal beauty and charm

to be granted young, beautiful, attractive and seductive forever
Well said

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Israel's first king in the old testament was chosen by the people and was described like this "Saul, a handsome young man. There was not a man among the people of Israel more handsome than he. From his shoulders upward he was taller than any of the people."

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that Israel's first king in the old testament was chosen by the people and was described like this "Saul, a handsome young man. There was not a man among the people of Israel more handsome than he. From his shoulders upward he was taller than any of the people."
That's crazy jesus was the opposite was short and not the best looking

Isaiah 53 1

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.

If I'm not mistaken he as 5'1

That's crazy jesus was the opposite was short and not the best looking

Isaiah 53 1

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.

If I'm not mistaken he as 5'1
Bible doesn't tell us his height. But yeah it is crazy but it shows how different God thinks then we do. God doesn't give a rip about looks or anything like that. Just like that verse I qouted "Man looketh on the outward appearance, but God looketh on the heart"

Bible doesn't tell us his height. But yeah it is crazy but it shows how different God thinks then we do. God doesn't give a rip about looks or anything like that. Just like that verse I qouted "Man looketh on the outward appearance, but God looketh on the heart"
Yeah greatful he sent his son down to save us

Amen, brother. We have rebelled so much against him but he still died to take away our sins, wonderful thing.
Ah man I feel guilty just thinking about all the sin I committed in my life it's blessing he gave mankind a second chance even when we didn't deserve it

1,000–600 BC: The Bible (Old Testament)

While I was still searching but not finding—I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.
—Ecclesiastes 7:28[1]

For a prostitute can be had for a loaf of bread, but another man’s wife preys on your very life.
—Proverbs 6:21 [2]

Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. My people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path.
—Isaiah 3:12 [3]

:monkahmm:

1,000–600 BC: The Bible (Old Testament)

While I was still searching but not finding—I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.
—Ecclesiastes 7:28[1]

For a prostitute can be had for a loaf of bread, but another man’s wife preys on your very life.
—Proverbs 6:21 [2]

Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. My people, your guides lead you astray; they turn you from the path.
—Isaiah 3:12 [3]

:monkahmm:
Good verses, what about them?

Agreed, are you a Christian as well? But then again a woman who fears the Lord is the absolute most important thing, even if there was a 9.5/10 non-christian woman who wanted me I wouldn't even give her a second thought
Yes, I am

i am not christian, but in christianity the foundation is love and forgiveness
appearance is used to lead people off the path of righteousness, like via lust or pride or self absorption
the bible warns against that
so bible is not blackpilled? because its focus is the relationship with god and faith, and not appearance

appearance is used to lead people off the path of righteousness, like via lust or pride or self absorption
so bible is not blackpilled? because its focus is the relationship with god and faith, and not appearance
I agree. I think this is a similar argument to the money dilemma, because just like looks there are many verses referring to it, and a lot of them saying positive things about the respective topic. But the issue arises, with money or appearance, when you allow that thing to become a ruling force in your life, so much so that you are willing to compromise your values for it. The Bible recognizes both wealth and good looks as desirable and positive things, but it warns against letting them become a higher priority than God.

So I guess the Bible isn’t really blackpilled, because it delves deeper and explains that looks are good but not everything, and they certainly are not something you should spend every waking moment thinking of. And probably my favorite thing about the Bible is that it isn’t just a book of arbitrary rules, but of good and practical advice. A good example of what happens when all you care about is looks are the rotters on .org.

confused by what this means, is it not much? pretty much useless? not worth it? what is this trying to say
Sorda, it means that bodily exercise profits, but then says "But godliness profits for all things." So it's saying that exercise profits but in comparison to godliness, it just profits just a little.
I wasn't necessarily trying to prove anything by bringing up that verse but just sharing that even in the scripture it does give some sort of merit to exercise

Tbh I more was trying to say that the Bible tells us that people are blackpilled, not that the Bible itself preaches blackpill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Off-Topic 9
dextermogin Off-Topic 5
i_love_roosters Off-Topic 22
Nihilus Mewing 31