Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

does doing martial arts improve appeal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah unless you arent one of those soyboys learning from some pro lgbt dojo in the usa
those ones who never spar that are usually karate n tkd? I've seen too many of those jfl

those ones who never spar that are usually karate n tkd? I've seen too many of those jfl
Tkd is an amazing base

yeah, most people who do karate and tkd are soyboys and like men
Tkd is good base

Transferable to Muay Thai, very good striking and the movements you learn are really good to for getting the basics such as stances and form down.
MMA is the best. And every martial arts is worth learning the fundamentals

Don't be close minded, the best fighters in ym local MMA gym were those who never stopped learning.

Tkd is an amazing base
it is still pretty good but the way they teach it and the competition focus has made it fall off a bit since the 90s, same with Karate. I don't have much experieence in it, but I do have a little and from what I know in america at least, it is more choreography than a martial art, most american tkd schools really don't spar much from what I have seen, and built the martial art around ITF/WTF rules, which made it loose some of its ability in MMA/street fights imo.

I've never done karate but I did TKD and Muay Thai. Stopped after going to Uni because I had to move away.

I started practicing the movements again though and they came back really fast cuz I started when I as like 9m

I've never done karate but I did TKD and Muay Thai. Stopped after going to Uni because I had to move away.

I started practicing the movements again though and they came back really fast cuz I started when I as like 9m
9 years old*

I tried boxing but couldn't get into it :(

Tkd is good base

Transferable to Muay Thai, very good striking and the movements you learn are really good to for getting the basics such as stances and form down.

Don't be close minded, the best fighters in ym local MMA gym were those who never stopped learning.
i more meant a lot of the schools that do teach tkd/karate are watered down, i think alex meant something similar too

i more meant a lot of the schools that do teach tkd/karate are watered down, i think alex meant something similar too
I only said good base but yes

ik, what i meant to say in my comment about tkd/karate was that nowadays it is more on the choreography side of thingss

Tkd is good base

My honest opinion is that all martial arts lack something

Box lacks kicks

Muay thai and MMA are too superficial with the techniques

Karate lacks more efficient punches (karate punches are only effective if you have been practicing since 30 years, and they are the best and strongest punches and yet the hardest to learn)

Judo, wrestling and other grappling arts lack strikes

As bruce lee said, the best fighter does not follow a single martial art

Probably one of the best out there is MMA, in fact they are mixed martial arts and does not follow a single one, yet they fail to analyze and master the single techniques such as karatekas do, i suggest a mix of karate, boxing, juijitsu and some judo-wrestling

tkd is still a good base though, being able to control range like most tkd practicioners who went to a good dojo is probably the best tool u can have in a fight.

My honest opinion is that all martial arts lack something

Box lacks kicks

Muay thai and MMA are too superficial with the techniques

Karate lacks more efficient punches (karate punches are only effective if you have been practicing since 30 years, and they are the best and strongest punches and yet the hardest to learn)

Judo, wrestling and other grappling arts lack strikes

As bruce lee said, the best fighter does not follow a single martial art

Probably one of the best out there is MMA, in fact they are mixed martial arts and does not follow a single one, yet they fail to analyze and master the single techniques such as karatekas do, i suggest a mix of karate, boxing, juijitsu and some judo-wrestling
I literally said all this, just simplified
And every martial arts is worth learning the fundamentals

it is still pretty good but the way they teach it and the competition focus has made it fall off a bit since the 90s, same with Karate. I don't have much experieence in it, but I do have a little and from what I know in america at least, it is more choreography than a martial art, most american tkd schools really don't spar much from what I have seen, and built the martial art around ITF/WTF rules, which made it loose some of its ability in MMA/street fights imo.
real. eastern martial arts have been 'americanized'..

there infact is a specific karate style (shotokan) which was made by one of the funakoshi's students which was supposed to be adapted for american's liking: loud punches, slappy kicks which style has been later became the most famous one.

thats the fellow gay karate

the only good karate is the traditional one such as SHOTOKAI

Same happened to taekwondo

real. eastern martial arts have been 'americanized'..

there infact is a specific karate style (shotokan) which was made by one of the funakoshi's students which was supposed to be adapted for american's liking: loud punches, slappy kicks which style has been later became the most famous one.

thats the fellow gay karate

the only good karate is the traditional one such as SHOTOKAI

Same happened to taekwondo
arent kyoshukin and kudo pretty good too?
Similar thing happened to grappling styles. Olympic Judo doesn't use a good portion of moves Jigoro (Inventor of Judo) invented (Submissions and Positions which are considered BJJ today.)

arent kyoshukin and kudo pretty good too?
Similar thing happened to grappling styles. Olympic Judo doesn't use a good portion of moves Jigoro (Inventor of Judo) invented (Submissions and Positions which are considered BJJ today.)
kyoshikin is the basically karate muay thai, it is good if you are training to become a good fighter in 3 months, kyoshikin wasnt made for "the top" it was made for soldiers so they could fight hand-to-hand combat

, shotokai is the karate style which the masters have spent years of study, they have updated it to their last discoveries, they have studied physics, to define which position is the best to transfer the greatest quanitity of power in a single portion of space.

It's hard to explain, but lets say that shotokai differs from kyokushin for analyzing the single movements of the body, it takes decades to master its moves, they are also the hardest

shotokai karatekas in fact beat the shit out of shotokan ones, my dojo has plenty of gold medals in sparring

By the way i was wrong before, shotokan is the oldest style, which was introduces in america but then changed to american's liking, making it look unefficient

On the other hand kyokushin and shotokai are the "original styles"

if nobody knows about it then nobody will care or see appeal
if you are a well known champion in your town, are good, then yes
and im sure that girls will like good fighters (prolly)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dextermogin Off-Topic 6
Ceisriel Ratings 31
ratedLTN Off-Topic 7
Wassup5 Looksmaxxing 4