Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community

Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Ladies and men with long hair, remember this...

n9wiff

Normie
Knowledgeable
Guild
The Paragon
tractiona.gif

What inspired me to write this thread was when I was hanging out with my family members quite some time ago. I have 2 baby cousins that girls and I adore them. They are about 2-3 years old and I've recently observed that both of them gets their hair tied by the parents.

They get their hair tied something like this :

1717079357282.png

I immediately die inside every time I see them doing this, ( and they won't listen to my advice to stop that ). The problem with this is that their parents often tie the hair quite tight and very often. The problem with tying your hair back too often and too tight is that you can recede your hairline

This is called traction alopecia. Unlike the male counterpart, androgenic alopecia, traction alopecia isn't caused by androgens but rather force. The constant pulling of hair and forcing it in that position can damage the hair and it's root and decrease it's growth potential causing a receding hairline and potentially diffuse thinning at your bangs.

If you have this, do not worry. Unlike androgenic alopecia, this is easier to treat as it is not a normal hormonal issue. All you need to do is too not stress your hair further. Your hair should regain sensitivity.

For those who want to prevent this, try choosing another style that isn't as straining. Do not style or tie your hair at home or when you don't need to! I actually have slight traction alopecia causing an uneven hairline because I used to comb my hair to one side with gel when I was younger, oops.

1717079821873.png

You can see how much more one side is receded. Don't make the same mistake I did! Keep your hair healthy and treat it like a temple! If you sport any of these straining hairstyles this is your sign to give your hair a break!

text(2).gif

Tags : @sigma @Nihilus @RAJ GHRANDHICK @Whitepill @tami_26 @allexxs @monalabelle @Autismcel @Wassup5

View attachment 30882

What inspired me to write this thread was when I was hanging out with my family members quite some time ago. I have 2 baby cousins that girls and I adore them. They are about 2-3 years old and I've recently observed that both of them gets their hair tied by the parents.

View attachment 30880

I immediately die inside every time I see them doing this, ( and they won't listen to my advice to stop that ). The problem with this is that their parents often tie the hair quite tight and very often. The problem with tying your hair back too often and too tight is that you can recede your hairline

This is called traction alopecia. Unlike the male counterpart, androgenic alopecia, traction alopecia isn't caused by androgens but rather force. The constant pulling of hair and forcing it in that position can damage the hair and it's root and decrease it's growth potential causing a receding hairline and potentially diffuse thinning at your bangs.

If you have this, do not worry. Unlike androgenic alopecia, this is easier to treat as it is not a normal hormonal issue. All you need to do is too not stress your hair further. Your hair should regain sensitivity.

For those who want to prevent this, try choosing another style that isn't as straining. Do not style or tie your hair at home or when you don't need to! I actually have slight traction alopecia causing an uneven hairline because I used to comb my hair to one side with gel when I was younger, oops.

View attachment 30881

You can see how much more one side is receded. Don't make the same mistake I did! Keep your hair healthy and treat it like a temple! If you sport any of these straining hairstyles this is your sign to give your hair a break!

View attachment 30883

Tags : @sigma @Nihilus @RAJ GHRANDHICK @Whitepill @tami_26 @allexxs @monalabelle @Autismcel @Wassup5
I know about this already and i don't have long hair

getting recessed hairline from combing is crazy though

View attachment 30882

View attachment 30880

View attachment 30881

View attachment 30883

i have this because ive been wearing hijab for 10 years and i cant "not stress my hair any further".. one side of my hairline looks so bad

i slick back my hair every day and have been realizing my hairline been receding increasing the size of my humongous Somali forehead.Plus I did a middle part everyday so there's been some more thinning there so I switched to side parts ,also good post:gigachad:

i slick back my hair every day and have been realizing my hairline been receding increasing the size of my humongous Somali forehead.Plus I did a middle part everyday so there's been some more thinning there so I switched to side parts ,also good post:gigachad:
finna go bald

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes.. ? im pretty sure women get hair transplants too
But since you aren't affected by andorgenic alopecia then just Minox + derma rolling will work

But since you aren't affected by andorgenic alopecia then just Minox + derma rolling will work
im not about to do allat id rather just have a procedure that does it for me (im lazy)
also heard there are injections you can get into the scalp anyone know if that would be better

im not about to do allat id rather just have a procedure that does it for me (im lazy)
also heard there are injections you can get into the scalp anyone know if that would be better
Yeah it's called PRP injections and they seem to work well.

shud i do that or transplant
are PRP permanent like transplant
PRP isn't a permanent solution, only hair transplant and minox are permanent solutions

What the f**k I do buns and my hairline nice still, I think its if you do it tightly. But I will surely use your advice and stop from today thank you alot

What the f**k I do buns and my hairline nice still, I think its if you do it tightly. But I will surely use your advice and stop from today thank you alot
Yeah I mentioned in the thread that is is caused by strain on hair follicles so you shouldn't tie your hair very tightly. It is also based on genetics to a certain extent.

View attachment 30882

View attachment 30880

View attachment 30881

View attachment 30883

Good thread