Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Life Feels So Barren After College

High-Tier Rice

more rice nice life
I'm a first-year student at an American university and low-key worried about my future after college. It could be my Ni, given that I'm an ENTJ, but how isolating life becomes after college worries me. I don't want to be like one of those people who peaked in high school or college, but consistent social interaction from school improves people's mental health. Think about it this way: College monopolizes socialization for young people. You'll always be surrounded by a community of people wherever you walk on campus, which allows you to get that daily social dopamine necessary to live a consistently happy life. Once you graduate college (graduate schools being the exception), friend groups and communities become smaller and more decentralized, and even if you can make friends, everyone has more responsibilities, whether that be taking care of children, work, and other commitments that render consistent social interaction to be complicated. Society expects you to be able to adjust to this radical change quickly without any hits to one's well-being. This is lowkey an underrated social problem that a political party could target to address the mental health crisis in America.

I'm a first-year student at an American university and low-key worried about my future after college. It could be my Ni, given that I'm an ENTJ, but how isolating life becomes after college worries me. I don't want to be like one of those people who peaked in high school or college, but consistent social interaction from school improves people's mental health. Think about it this way: College monopolizes socialization for young people. You'll always be surrounded by a community of people wherever you walk on campus, which allows you to get that daily social dopamine necessary to live a consistently happy life. Once you graduate college (graduate schools being the exception), friend groups and communities become smaller and more decentralized, and even if you can make friends, everyone has more responsibilities, whether that be taking care of children, work, and other commitments that render consistent social interaction to be complicated. Society expects you to be able to adjust to this radical change quickly without any hits to one's well-being. This is lowkey an underrated social problem that a political party could target to address the mental health crisis in America.
I agree, but one can use college time to secure lifelong friends. What is hard would be to make new friends after college. Also, at work, you’ll likely be surrounded by people your age, depending on your job. That said, no politician or government cares about you or my well being, and the fact that you have to adjust to a smaller social circle after school is as important to them as students drowning in debt to finish college. They don’t care and they won’t care. Just prepare yourself for the worst.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Caramel20 Off-Topic 2
Lexanie Looksmaxxing 138
S Off-Topic 17
dextermogin Off-Topic 2