Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Another bimax vs jaw implant thread

JackHanma

Proud LGBTQP+ supporter
After going over some pics of myself, some x-rays from online, and pics of various models, I think I don't really need bimax surgery to break into the 8-tier of looks. I think the main cause of my bad profile is weak undereye support and a rather soft jawline. Ideally my jaw could be more forward grown yes, but I think just sharpening it and adding height + a square chin with a custom implant will have the most bang for buck, and I can even throw a few mm of forward projection on the chin, nothing crazy though. From the front I think my eye area and decent cheekbones halo the rest of my face, also my jaw isn't like deformed or ugly, just sort of weak and boyish. I think the added sharpness and height from a custom implant will ascend my face both from the front and side. I think my jaw may be *slightly* recessed and CW rotated, but even that I'm not sure of, and I think I shouldn't chase perfection when a more simple procedure can do so much for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know my beard is annoying and obscures my chin but... thats kind of the point of having it lmao

I think you would greatly benefit from training your neck and getting a tan, also in some pics it looks like you have a retracted columella, but I am not really sure tbh.

Your "weak" under eye support is negligible btw.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Honestly don’t think you need bimax; you could easily get away with a chin implant, fillers, or sliding genioplasty. For your undereye support… infraorbotal rim implants or fillers. Honestly didn’t even think you had bad undereye support

Agreed with pretty much everything you said. Honestly don’t think you need bimax; you could easily get away with a chin implant, fillers, or sliding genioplasty. For your undereye support… infraorbotal rim implants or fillers. Honestly didn’t even think you had bad undereye support

How would you rate me overall? I struggle with my face, the harmony is good and I have decent features, but I'm still clearly more of a 6 - 6.5 than a 7 or 8 without obvious flaws. I get that this is a lot better situation to be an than to be ugly, but its still annoying because it makes it hard to identify what I need to fix to bump myself up to that 7-8 tier. Do I just need to crank the strength of my features to get into that 7-8 territory? ie - Stronger chin, cheekbones, and thicker eyebrows.

I think maybe my philtrum is a bit longer than ideal? Am I just nitpicking or could a shorter philtrum (pretty cheap procedure) do anything. Also worth noting is I have a very bad smile, it just looks... not good, and I don't have an overly gummy smile or a toothless smile, I guess if I had to guess it seems like the sides of my mouth go more outwards than upwards and maybe thats the reason?

Maybe get venners?

It probably results in you having a shorter lower facial height.

well no shit, but to what degree, I figure it's probably 6mm or less, teeth don't vary by much, and I think my molars probably have less wear than the front teeth, just a guess.

How would you rate me overall? I struggle with my face, the harmony is good and I have decent features, but I'm still clearly more of a 6 - 6.5 than a 7 or 8 without obvious flaws. I get that this is a lot better situation to be an than to be ugly, but its still annoying because it makes it hard to identify what I need to fix to bump myself up to that 7-8 tier. Do I just need to crank the strength of my features to get into that 7-8 territory? ie - Stronger chin, cheekbones, and thicker eyebrows.
I would say you’re a strong 6.5. In real life, you’re attractive to girls without a doubt. Muscle mass + somewhat lean + blue eyes + long hair + a good bit of good features. Anything you do is more so just going to be “icing on the cake” but you’d do find in frat houses and clubs (really only the two places I frequently end up at lol)

I think maybe my philtrum is a bit longer than ideal? Am I just nitpicking or could a shorter philtrum (pretty cheap procedure) do anything. Also worth noting is I have a very bad smile, it just looks... not good, and I don't have an overly gummy smile or a toothless smile, I guess if I had to guess it seems like the sides of my mouth go more outwards than upwards and maybe thats the reason?
Your philtrum doesn’t look long to me. Ideally your chin should be 2.5 to 3 times longer than your philtrum. You measure from the nasal base/columella to the middle of the lips for the philtrum length, middle of the lips to the bottom of the chin for chin length

And for the teeth, your teeth aren’t bad. They look relatively straight. You’d for sure benefit from some whitening though, grab a good pack of whitening strips from a grocery store. Your “bad smile” probably isn’t actually “bad”, you could easily just not be comfortable with smiling. That can f**k up your smile because of the way the muscles in your face tense up. If you whiten your teeth, you’re definitely going to like the results and you’ll probably like smiling. Chicks love white teeth

Back