Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

any tips?

im him

hello everyone, im 17 about to turn 18 and i just have discovered looksmaxxing. don't mind any spelling mistakes i make because English is not my first language

i have been working out for about 9 months now and i just want to become the best i can be because i have been bullied and rejected so many times growing up and im really sick and tired of it. i made a lot of progress on my body like for example when i started going to the gym i was 182cm and 107kg and now im 184cm and 90kg but one thing i still struggle with is talking to girls. i still feel like im going to get rejected no matter what i try and that i will never be good enough for anyone because those were the things people have told me in the past. i have started a new school and i have some feelings for one girl but i really don't know how to talk with her or the process of making her my gf.

should i wait and keep working on myself before i ask her out or should i ask her out anyway?

Brother, I had the same problem as you. Growing up I had terrible acne, was contrary to you always the shortest and most skinny kid in class.
I wasn´t unpopular, but I always made those flaws of mine define me. Even when I started self-improvement, I kept saying to myself you´re too skinny, you're too short, you don´t look good enough...
This mindset isn´t good, but it gave me fuel and motivation to better myself. So I bulked up from 63kg to 75kg, grew from 175cm to 180cm, and started self-improvement in general. Just like you at the moment.
But to be honest, even after this improvement of myself I still felt unhappy. Because in my head I was still this loser from before.

The key is just to act confident, trust me. It will be much easier than you think. Instead of constantly stressing about "bad" qualities of yourself, focus more on good qualities. Like your gym progress (from 107kg to 90kg is crazy), with 184cm you have a great height many men could only wish for and also that you are ready to pursue self-improvement. And I assume you have many more good qualities.
Make up a good picture of yourself in your head and start acting confident. Get yourself new clothes with which you feel more confident, and get a new haircut with which you feel more confident.
Walk with more confidence (good posture, eye contact, more energy), talk with more confidence to girls and also people in general. It doesn´t even really matter what you talk about, confidence and good body language make up 70-80% of a conversation. Simply act more confident.
You´ll see the effect immediately, trust me just try it. And yes there will always be some people who will react negatively towards you, but most people with such behaviour are just jealous and have low-self esteem. Simply ignore them.

I wouldn´t immediately confess my feelings to this new girl. Definitely talk to her, but don´t rush things with a relationship. A relationship will be useless if you have such high self-doubt at the moment, So focus on yourself and embrace new confidence first. People will notice immediately. And then you can make your move.

It is completely normal to have still self-doubt even if you act more confident. I still doubt myself often, but instead of letting myself get drowned by those thoughts, I use them as fuel to better myself every day and become the best, most confident version of myself.

Good luck brother, I hope this will help you

Back