Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Serious Can a girl relate or help me

Ekate

I feel bad
Reputable
Established
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
1,977
Reputation
2,699
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people (I don’t want to offend anyone)can I break that circle.I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
I feel you girl 🥺
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
to be honest they might be right. While it isn't very productive to simmer over these thought without looking for actual solutions, they are inching you towards the right direction. Try to engage in something that puts you besides yourself, art, writing, studying a subject, a work that creates worth outside yourself. This could help you not only feel more in touch / secure with yourself, but also learn more about the world around you and be in touch with others more, as well as be useful in the future if you were to go forward in life with what you were to engage in. Social life is not everything there is.
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
did
not
read
son
 
to be honest they might be right. While it isn't very productive to simmer over these thought without looking for actual solutions, they are inching you towards the right direction. Try to engage in something that puts you besides yourself, art, writing, studying a subject, a work that creates worth outside yourself. This could help you not only feel more in touch / secure with yourself, but also learn more about the world around you and be in touch with others more, as well as be useful in the future if you were to go forward in life with what you were to engage in. Social life is not everything there is.
Thank you,actually your right..
 
i wish you all the best sincerely. i know figuring it out at first is the worst, so start with something small at first, take care
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
i relate brah
i’m only fixated on my looks cuz im really insecure, sometimes when i feel ugly i take it out on other people
no idea why
i’m just angry and moody
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
They're just crazy, your concerns are completely valid. They tell us we care too much about our looks yet they're the ones pushing the standards onto us. They tell us it's because of hormones or period, which isn't completely false, but just because a girl is sad, doesn't mean it's related to her hormones. If you parents don't take you seriously, don't take them seriously either. I very much hate those who blame everything on a girl's menstrual cycle, focus on improving yourself, who cares about being self-centered? In your life, you are your main character. You should be self-centered, just not so self-centered that you hurt others
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
you can pm me for advice or ratings
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
i mean they are hormones if you didnt have bad hormones and instead had perfect dopamine and other stuff you wouldnt be sad your hormones are you. they make you the person you are. you are your hormones
 
Everytime I’m sad or smth I get told it’s because of hormones or „period“ my parents genuinely don’t take me serious.If I tell them why I’m insecure or what makes me sad,they just say I’m too self focused eg.looks and that I’m crazy,or ask what other „uglier“ people should do(I don’t want to offend anyone)how can I break that circle? I don’t always think abt my looks or smth I also don’t want to be selfcentered,but it’s besides being good at school everything I have since I don’t rly have a big social life
omg girl i can relate!! this is exactly how my family treats me, it makes me want to just run away w my cl boyfriend and escape into the twilight 🥺
 
omg girl i can relate!! this is exactly how my family treats me, it makes me want to just run away w my cl boyfriend and escape into the twilight 🥺
1000014425.webp
 
They're just crazy, your concerns are completely valid. They tell us we care too much about our looks yet they're the ones pushing the standards onto us. They tell us it's because of hormones or period, which isn't completely false, but just because a girl is sad, doesn't mean it's related to her hormones. If you parents don't take you seriously, don't take them seriously either. I very much hate those who blame everything on a girl's menstrual cycle, focus on improving yourself, who cares about being self-centered? In your life, you are your main character. You should be self-centered, just not so self-centered that you hurt others
Yess thank youu
 
i mean they are hormones if you didnt have bad hormones and instead had perfect dopamine and other stuff you wouldnt be sad your hormones are you. they make you the person you are. you are your hormones
So you would just take more hormones or what are you trying to say?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top