Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Can I grow up playing basketball?

Velytics

I'm 15 and I'm in full development, my whole life has been implemented in my family the belief that this sport can make you grow taller, someone who can verify or deny this? Next year I want to enter with everything and I would like to do at least one sport and it would be this or soccer (I like both), but I would choose the one that gives me the most benefits, clearly.

I played basketball for two months and grew 5 inches taller (I'm 14), but you also need to eat enough food and drink enough water to complement it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physical Activity releases Growth and Sex Hormones, responsible for overall mature like appearance, this helps in the development of muscles, bones and secondary sexual features, so you actually need physical stress for your development, but remember this won't give you a guaranteed tall stature, you rely on your genetics, but pharmaceutics can help to outgrow your limits.

Unfortunately, no evidence suggests that basketball or any other physical activity increases your maximal height. The same is true for supplements and any other tricks marketed to increase your height. Height is determined primarily by genetic factors and secondarily by nutrition during childhood and adolescence.