Join 33,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Chewing

N30N

Unapproachable
Reputable
Established ★
For a little over two months or so, I have been chewing gum regularly and evenly for long periods of time, as well as using jaw trainers, and chewing tough food. At first, I thought this was mostly a cope, but I'm starting to see a noticeable difference in my masseter muscles in photos and in real life. My question is, how true is it that the consistent chewing of hard things will change my skulls bone mass as a 17 year old, and to what extent will this occur? And to anyone who either thinks it's cope or hasn't tried it; TRAIN YOUR MASSETERS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
it doesnt change your skull bone mass, puberty does, chewing grows your muscle
So the stress created by chewing does not effect the growth of bone? Because I believe this take has been argued before.

So the stress created by chewing does not effect the growth of bone? Because I believe this take has been argued before.
hardly changes bone
if you had bone increase its probs puberty or the muscle creating this effect

it doesnt change your skull bone mass, puberty does, chewing grows your muscle
Actually it does change your bone mass. Takes a long time, but it does. I've been chewing on my right side pretty much my whole life until like a year, and my right cheekbone is significantly much larger than the left, which is small and flat. Also, the right side of my chin is slightly more forward and bigger than left side. For the past year, I've been chewing on my left side a lot more, and my face is much more even masseter AND bone-wise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually it does change your bone mass. Takes a long time, but it does. I've been chewing on my right side pretty much my whole life until like a year, and my right cheekbone is significantly much larger than the left, which is small and flat. Also, the right side of my chin is slightly more forward and bigger than left side. For the past year, I've been chewing on my left side a lot more, and my face is much more even masseter AND bone-wise.
I used to chew on my right side only for a good couple years when i was younger, and I do attribute that to some minor asymmetries I have.

nah
its hormones, puberty, maybe you got leaner, and muscle