Join 33,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Do orthodontics stunt growth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I heard some rumors about braces (with retainers after all is finished) stunt your growth and create deformities on your face as it grows but the mandible stays the same (due to the retainer)

I heard some rumors about braces (with retainers after all is finished) stunt your growth and create deformities on your face as it grows but the mandible stays the same (due to the retainer)
Idk, I’ve had braces for the past 2 yrs and my mandible’s fine. It’s only an issue if u get elastics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes I have an underbite like profile but don't have underbite
Meaning braces cooked you 😭

Im so cooked. Some old man (80+) said that from his experience, a third of cases braces mildly harm your looks, and a 20% or so it severely harms it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Looksmaxxing 9
G Looksmaxxing 10
Clone Off-Topic 13
pslgodduckz Looksmaxxing 6