Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

I wanna get into MMA in Germany, any experiences?

Deleted Member 78932

6'2, MTN, KHHV, hopeless romantic
Reputable ★★★
Established ★★
Joined
Jul 21, 2025
Messages
5,445
Online time
18d 17h
Reputation
19,105
I wanted to do MMA for a long time now, but I was kinda embarrassed with my long hair (I know, pretty pathetic).
So when I cut them in a few weeks what should I look out for? I wanted to do BJJ first, but I guess that will be hard when living in the middle of nowhere.


Illia the tuffest manlet there is
 
I wanted to do MMA for a long time now, but I was kinda embarrassed with my long hair (I know, pretty pathetic).
So when I cut them in a few weeks what should I look out for? I wanted to do BJJ first, but I guess that will be hard when living in the middle of nowhere.


Illia the tuffest manlet there is

I'm a former MMA fighter, i would recommend you to start Wrestling & Muay-Thaï boxing before transitionning into MMA.
 
I wanted to do MMA for a long time now, but I was kinda embarrassed with my long hair (I know, pretty pathetic).
So when I cut them in a few weeks what should I look out for? I wanted to do BJJ first, but I guess that will be hard when living in the middle of nowhere.


Illia the tuffest manlet there is

@ToniCipriani88
 
I wanted to do MMA for a long time now, but I was kinda embarrassed with my long hair (I know, pretty pathetic).
So when I cut them in a few weeks what should I look out for? I wanted to do BJJ first, but I guess that will be hard when living in the middle of nowhere.


Illia the tuffest manlet there is

yea start with some wrestling first if you wanna get into mma
 
I'm a former MMA fighter, i would recommend you to start Wrestling & Muay-Thaï boxing before transitionning into MMA.
Not BJJ? And I think I'll do Muay thai last, if even.
 
I started BBJ after
With wrestling you can put to shame any advanced BBJ-Grappling advanced fighter.

BBJ will just be working on submissions
Tysm dude. Tbh I might chicken out ngl. But my friend from org started doing BJJ recently and I wanna try at least some martial art too
 
Start by the most complicated one, muay thai and then wrestling. And mma will be easy with above average bases
Muay thai kinda scares me. Getting punched and kicked while having 0 martial art experience...
 
I wanted to do MMA for a long time now, but I was kinda embarrassed with my long hair (I know, pretty pathetic).
I always used to buzz my hair before every fight
 
So imagine during MMA..
Don't be scared and dw they teach you far before your first sparring
Not for me, i remember sparring on the first day haha. I had my first fight about 2 months later.
 
Wrestling would only be a better base than BJJ if you trained somewhere in the former USSR or the United States.
 
I started BBJ after
With wrestling you can put to shame any advanced BBJ-Grappling advanced fighter.

BBJ will just be working on submissions
in fact jiu-jitsu is fundamental for positional control, it is impossible to achieve a submission without controlling your opponent
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top