Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Indispensable supplements

aguachento

a guy doing his thing
Knowledgeable
Many asked me via DM

Hello honey, what would be your essential supplements for everyday life?

But I think it's interesting to answer it again because it's an important question...

You may have heard that "you don't need to take supplements if you have a proper diet."

I have done literally hundreds of diets and used tools that nutritionists don't even know about...

...and I assure you that yes, supplementation is usually necessary.

AKSFUOAPZ5H2PHIAKLPMN7VEJY.JPG

And no, I don't mean turning into that guy jfl
But, if instead of looking for the minimum amount of nutrients to avoid getting sick, you look for an optimal amount.

To the point: which ones are essential if you do everything else right?

Magnesium

There are few foods that are truly rich in magnesium, and very few if we adjust for 'doses that we compare to those we consume' (i.e. no one consumes 100 grams of cashews a day or a kilo of avocado).

If you were to consume pure chocolate and pumpkin seeds every day in reasonable doses, you would still not reach the recommended minimum of 400 mg (which is not optimal).

depositphotos_70678269-stock-photo-magnesium-chloride-nigari-flakes.jpg

Add to that the pollution and the fact that you do intense exercise...

Bathing in natural water regularly would help, but not all of us can do it and almost no one can do it daily.

That's why magnesium is essential, daily.

And really, I think it is the only one. But there are others that are almost essential:

Zinc

Getting optimal levels by eating normal things is very difficult; if you have access and the ability to eat oysters almost daily, that's the only thing that would realistically get you close to an optimal dose of 50 mg (the minimum recommended is 10 mg, but they recently reduced that, as they do with everything).

76349386.cms

Calcium

The same is true, because even though there are foods of non-animal origin that contain calcium, they don't actually tell you that these usually contain phosphorus in larger quantities (calcium and phosphorus require balance) and they don't contain the cofactors that allow calcium to be absorbed correctly (vitamin D3 and vitamin K2).

But the amount of dairy you can consume daily, if at all, is limited.

calcium-rich-foods.jpg

Luckily, we can boil, bake, and pulverize eggshells for free supplements, so this supplement is a gift.

3GPTM3NZSVFTXI4T5E377G34HM.jpg

As you can see, I only see one thing as essential... assuming that you do the rest of the things well.

It's not always possible, of course, and there are a whole range of supplements that can help us compensate for deficiencies and lifestyle factors.

Or that can increase our performance, like sodium bicarbonate for training.

I would add, if you can afford it, Creatine, as it has hundreds of benefits.

What do you guys think...

@Whitepill @sigma @RAJ GHRANDHICK @Harvey929 @Lockhead7 @choripan @Nihilus

Last edited:
I still think supplements are harmful, but what exactly would zinc, magnesium, and calcium do? If it promotes good function of certain things I think it’s worth a try

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still think supplements are harmful, but what exactly would zinc, magnesium, and calcium do? If it promotes good function of certain things I think it’s worth a try
Magnesium is necessary for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, supports a healthy immune system, keeps the heart beating steadily and helps bones remain strong.

Magnesium is a crucial nutrient for ATP synthesis, but in addition to that, magnesium is also needed to create mgATP in the body, which is the ACTIVE form of ATP.

Literally the energy currency of your body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The same calcium has different functions and is often overlooked.

with zinc the same, it is mentioned that it is important for the production of testosterone but it is much more important than just that.