Join 82,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

  • DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

    This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Is neurotypicality caused by genetics, environment or both

Deleted Member 69729

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2025
Messages
352
Online time
1d 11h
Reputation
948
I would like to hear your guys opinión on this as I’m kinda on the fence about this. For me i’ve been introverted since childhood none of my other family are introverted or have the level of social anxiety that i have it’s to the point where i have to prepare myself just to call a family member.

My parents tell me they had romantic partners in HS my sister had partners since middle school i’ve gotten nothing.

Im only able to act “extroverted” with people i’m confortable with for some hours like in school and in short burst when I’m home but my social battery only last for some hours like long. Because of this i’m able to give off the ilusión that i’m NT but i’ve lost my mask a few times causing me to breakdown at some social events (parents forced me into therapy when i opened up)

I’m getting better at masking but i know something is wrong with me.
 
Both, I'm hard capped by genetics on this. I've always been the quiet kid in the classroom, can't really do much If you have 0 impulse to talk.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top