Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Masseter vs temporalis muscle while chewing

Chinlet

Been chewing Falim gum over the past week. I've noticed that when I chew hard for a while I get a lot of soreness in my temporalis muscle, much moreso than the masseter muscle (the temporalis is supposed to aid the masseter in the movement of the jaw). I think that if your gonial angle is too high, it is just a weak position for the masseter muscle to move in, so the temporalis muscle takes over somewhat. I have been trying to chew in the back of my molars, where it feels like there's more masseter activation and less temporalis activation, but it is not a big difference.

Anyone else had this experience? Any insights?

Been chewing Falim gum over the past week. I've noticed that when I chew hard for a while I get a lot of soreness in my temporalis muscle, much moreso than the masseter muscle (the temporalis is supposed to aid the masseter in the movement of the jaw). I think that if your gonial angle is too high, it is just a weak position for the masseter muscle to move in, so the temporalis muscle takes over somewhat. I have been trying to chew in the back of my molars, where it feels like there's more masseter activation and less temporalis activation, but it is not a big difference.

Dont chew if youre recessed

It will cause a horrible jaw pain/headache

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dont chew if youre recessed

It will cause a horrible jaw pain/headache
I think I'm slightly recessed but it's not a big deal. You just work your way into it gradually, like other forms of exercise

its over for you cuck time to drink soylent for the rest of your life

Back