Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Need help fixing my face

LowPslGoat

Was wondering about how I can reduce redness in my face and need tips on clearing up acne I take tretinoin 0.025% for acne it has helped and I use a 4% benzoyl peroxide face cleaner. I know these can cause redness. I have very little acne just some on my forehead and near my jawline by my chin but it won’t go away. What should I use?

Skin is mostly genetic, unless using a stronger component like isotret. You probably need more sunscreen and a higher activity ike 50+ spf + PA++++. Also for strengthening the skin barrier I use Niacinamide + 1% zinc. this also helps with natural oil production for my combo skin.

Was wondering about how I can reduce redness in my face and need tips on clearing up acne I take tretinoin 0.025% for acne it has helped and I use a 4% benzoyl peroxide face cleaner. I know these can cause redness. I have very little acne just some on my forehead and near my jawline by my chin but it won’t go away. What should I use?
Don't take sunlight. Avoid hotness. Do complete skin care. Avoid poluated places.

You probably have some redness because tretinoin and Benzoyl are very drying. Make sure you are moisturizing alot. Also you might just have post inflammatory erythema which is when you get rid of your acne but there is still redness. This can last many months so you just have to give it time

You can make it less apparent by tanning/sunbathing

you shouldn’t use benzoyl peroxide alongside tretinoin, that is a sure fire way to kill your skin barrier, giving you worse acne and red skin. I actually used to be the exact same way, there are a few things that helped me:

1: Switching to gentle skincare.

I changed my face wash to a gentler one made for sensitive skin. I recommend the Vanicream cleanser because it doesn’t have any of the toxic ingredients messing up your skin barrier.

I also switched to a better, more natural moisturizer. I use the unscented Everyone moisturizer.

Finally, I started using a 50 spf sunscreen. The best kind is a mineral sunscreen, which contain zinc oxide as the main ingredient.
Blue Lizard makes a good one. Zinc oxide is good for clearing acne too, there have been studies on it.

2. Less is more.
(Using less active ingredients.)

Active ingredients are things like benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, and niacinamide. You really only need to use 1. My skin became much more clear when I started only using 1 active ingredient instead of slathering on multiple products.

I would recommend for you to get a higher concentration of tretinoin and use that.

3. Lifestyle changes

Stop eating processed food. Get good sleep. Drink enough water. Be hygienic. These are basic things and if you aren’t doing them, you are kind of asking for acne.

4. Supplements

Taking 2g of pantothenic acid everyday has cleared up my skin so damn well. It has pretty much no risks and is cheap. I buy mine in bulk.

TLDR:

Morning:
Wash with Vanicream cleanser
Moisturize with Everyone lotion
Use 50 spf mineral sunscreen

Take pantothenic acid supplement

Evening:
Wash with Vanicream cleanser
Apply high concentration tretinoin
Moisturize with Everyone lotion

it looks simple but it works wonders