Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Serious Reaching 15% BF

mrvn56

Bruh, it is so hard for my ass to reach 15% BF.

I am stuck at ~17% BF for 3 months now.

How can it be so slow for me?

Idk what I am doing wrong.

I started gym in January as beginner with full body workout.

Was inactive for a very long time before that, ngl.

Recently switched to upper & lower split now.

Going to the gym 4x a week now and doing MINIMUM 8000 steps a day.

Sometimes even 12-15k.

Had some cheat days/weeks over the time (2 weeks injury, diet break after like 18 weeks to boost up metabolism again and another one recently to reset).

Will it get easier now with new split?

Need some opinions on this

I don't want to start approaching/dating until I reach 15%

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And yeah I am couting calories for my whole food intake and am always in deficit

the routine sounds good ngl, a few things I would change though.

Continue with the 4x a week weight training and the daily step goal, but also add cardio. Be careful what kind of cardio, try to do something more low impact like jump roping or 12x4 on the treadmill (12 incline, 4 speed). You can do the cardio after each lifting session if you want.

also how much of a deficit are you in?

after you lose a lot of weight there is a threshold where it becomes harder and harder to lose weight
this is cuz your body's metabolism is slowing
add cardio

the routine sounds good ngl, a few things I would change though.

Continue with the 4x a week weight training and the daily step goal, but also add cardio. Be careful what kind of cardio, try to do something more low impact like jump roping or 12x4 on the treadmill (12 incline, 4 speed). You can do the cardio after each lifting session if you want.

also how much of a deficit are you in?
Thanks for the answer bro.

I am in a deficit of ~575, NOT including the burned calories from the daily steps & gym.

Yeah, I actually wanted to start jump roping.

It looks good af in boxers style.

12x4 I think I did once.

When doing 12x4, you have do it without holding your hands on to the handles of the treadmil right?

after you lose a lot of weight there is a threshold where it becomes harder and harder to lose weight
this is cuz your body's metabolism is slowing
add cardio
Thats annoying af...

Bro I am losing important time, I thought I would be 15% once summer starts, now summer is basically over.....

Will definitely add jump roping or treadmil now

how often are you sitting around
once i stopped sitting for extended periods, losing bf became exponentially easier

how often are you sitting around
once i stopped sitting for extended periods, losing bf became exponentially easier
Damn this might be the problem.
Sitting most of the time at work, although I could adjust the height of my table.
But standing at the same spot gets exhausting quickly ngl.
And then most of the time at home too.
I still reach my step goal tho.
Thanks for the tip G.

Damn this might be the problem.
Sitting most of the time at work, although I could adjust the height of my table.
But standing at the same spot gets exhausting quickly ngl.
And then most of the time at home too.
I still reach my step goal tho.
Thanks for the tip G.
yeah bro try standing/ walking more
it helped me alot
no problem btw

Bros says he's in a deficit but isn't losing weight 😂
?
Brother I am using MyFitnessPal and weighting every single shit, even vegetables.
Everything except shit like seasoning which I don't use often anyways.

Brother it's a scientific impossibility to be in a calorie deficit and not lose weight. You're metabolism has obviously slowed down and you are not accounting for that. Drop cals another 500

Brother it's a scientific impossibility to be in a calorie deficit and not lose weight. You're metabolism has obviously slowed down and you are not accounting for that. Drop cals another 500
Alright
Hopefully this won't make me skinny fat at the end

Thanks for the answer bro.

I am in a deficit of ~575, NOT including the burned calories from the daily steps & gym.

Yeah, I actually wanted to start jump roping.

It looks good af in boxers style.

12x4 I think I did once.

When doing 12x4, you have do it without holding your hands on to the handles of the treadmil right?
yeah do it without the handle

I would go for less of a deficit if you are doing this long term, you don’t want to mess up your BMR

like 300 should be enough

also the amount of calories is most important but the quality of the food is very important as well, make sure to stay away from highly processed food and keep your diet mainly clean whole sources of protein