Join 30,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a FREE account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox.

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Sauna Vs Ice Bath??

Medo

Weirdo
A gym I'm planning to go to has both a sauna and a Cold Bath and i want to use them daily, cuz of their benefits and stuff.
But i have no idea when i should use them and in what order?

help 😭

Fricking lucky to have an ice bath at your gym. But do not, I repeat, DO NOT take an ice bath after your workout. Latic acid gets built up in your muscles, (which is good) when training and an ice bath gets rid of inflammation. Basically working out damages your muscles so they build back stronger but an ice bath gets rid of the damage so only take on 6 hours after working out. So as Raj said, do an ice bath, workout then hit sauna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fricking lucky to have an ice bath at your gym. But do not, I repeat, DO NOT take an ice bath after your workout. Latic acid gets built up in your muscles, (which is good) when training and an ice bath gets rid of inflammation. Basically working out damages your muscles so they build back stronger but an ice bath gets rid of the damage so only take on 6 hours after working out. So as Raj said, do an ice bath, workout then hit sauna
Thanks for the high iq response but this is really confusing cuz i have seen so many influencers and other people talking about how cold showers help muscles grow. so cold showers are more useful than cold baths or what?
let me also clarify that the "cold bath" im talking about is a literally a huge tub with cold ass water lol.

Thanks for the high iq response but this is really confusing cuz i have seen so many influencers and other people talking about how cold showers help muscles grow. so cold showers are more useful than cold baths or what?
let me also clarify that the "cold bath" im talking about is a literally a huge tub with cold ass water lol.
Because some influencers just make crap up, but guys who actually look at the science like Andrew Hueberman know that it's not smart to take an ice bath or cold shower after working out. But possibly what some of those guys are talking about, is that cold showers and baths boost energy and mood so doing them can give you more energy thus leading to harder training in the gym, which in turn builds more muscle. But again just don't do cold shower or bath after a workout, wait like 6 hours

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 12
R Ratings 7
JamieOliver Looksmaxxing 8
R Looksmaxxing 3