Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Wolff's law and bone density

D

Deleted member 295

It's been said many times that Wolff's law only works in increasing bone density and not a bone's volume.
This is actually the strongest argument against the practice of bonesmashing.
Because it's true,we don't have scientific data suggesting that constant pressure on a bone does anything other than increasing the density a little bit.

Now,there's a case in which a man was kicked by horse in one side of his face.
The man suffered from constant swelling for 21 years before he finally died in 1771.

Looking at his skull though,it seems like 21 years of maintained swelling caused his cheekbone to grow into a different shape and size.

This image shows that if we change the forces acting on a skull even adult bones will remodel themselves.

The density of a substance is the relationship between the mass of the substance and how much space it takes up (volume).

ARGUMENT DEBUNKED

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The density of a substance is the relationship between the mass of the substance and how much space it takes up (volume).
I know what density is.Did I use it wrong smh ?

"It's been said many times that Wolff's law only works in increasing bone density and not a bone's volume."
Yes that's what they say.
They say bones will get denser and not bigger.
Density and size don't correlate.Actually size is counterproductive to density

Yes that's what they say.
They say bones will get denser and not bigger.
Density and size don't correlate.Actually size is counterproductive to density
size definition:

the relative extent of something; a thing's overall dimensions or magnitude; how big something is.

doesnt wolff's law correlate with size and density?

i dont really know tbh just wanna get some points

size definition:

the relative extent of something; a thing's overall dimensions or magnitude; how big something is.

doesnt wolff's law correlate with size and density?

i dont really know tbh just wanna get some points
In theory it does but the only results that we have scientific studies on demonstrate some increase in density and not in size

Btw why is Ryan Gosling a celebrity lmao.I'd have labeled him incel if I saw him in the street

In my opinion you should give it at least 3 months.Sometimes the swelling takes a very long time to disappear.If you keep your size after 3 months though then congratulations you've grown bone

wolffs law says continuous increasing weight on bones could increase density, not that a horse hitting your face can make your cheekbones pop out of your skull instantly

and afaik that theory has been proven

no reason to believe you will get any kind of growth like that since it wouldnt be helpful for anything thus wouldn't make sense to happen in your body

My skull is f****d recessed I will age like milk, I only have jb smv right now because I look like a twink, but in a few years its ogre for me

My skull is f****d recessed I will age like milk, I only have jb smv right now because I look like a twink, but in a few years its ogre for me
hB9294C8B