Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Acne Scarring and under eyes

CopeMaxxer

1. I am currently cycling 20 mg Accutane for 6 months, my routine consists of moisturizers, retinol (for under eyes only), glycolic acid toner, benzoyl peroxide, loreal eye serum.
i am looking for something that isnt super expensive that i can use to help get rid of acne scarring caused by previous acne, and safe to use whilst on Accutane

2. i have genetically dark, veiny, hollow under eyes.
i am wondering i use for volume, darkness and to hide the veins there (which cause a lot of the darkness) thinking about vollufiline, lasering etc. but not sure atm.

glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide and retinol and accutane all at once is a sure way to destroy your skin barrier and collagen. Be gentle with your skin. The accutane will in effect exfoliate your skin, removing acne and getting rid of acne scars.

My suggestion to you is to use a gentle cleanser for sensitive skin such as the vanicream one. Then, use a hyaluronic acid serum. After that, use a moisturizer with ceramides in it to help your skin barrier. Use sunscreen following that during the day.

accutane is a powerful active ingredient, and you don’t really need other actives while using it. If you still get acne while on it you might just be purging, please be patient.

As for the dark circles, they are caused by poor under eye support.
A caffeine serum might reduce darkness some but it will never go away if you have bad bones. That said, there are some exceptions, so send me a picture of your eye area and i’ll help you determine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you’re lucky, your orbitals aren’t that recessed. build up the collagen in that area
i am using retinol to build up collagen in that area but dont know what else i should do, any tips?

i am using retinol to build up collagen in that area but dont know what else i should do, any tips?
hyaluronic acid, eat enough protein