Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Alternatives to Myospots for even swallowing

psps07

Banned
Hello :)

So I have this issue where the right side posterior third of the tongue is weak and will not press as evenly on the palate as the left side. It is also quite noticeably less involved in the act of swallowing - which is done thousands of times a day and exerts pressure on the maxilla.

I stumbled across a video from Best Face Forward providing some stretches and exercises to strengthen and activate the weak posterior side of the tongue for more symmetrical swallowing and mewing and, therefore, more symmetrical face development (or fixing existing asymmetry).

The most important exercise of them all involved putting a small, biodegradable adhesive (called a Myospot) on your palate right above the weak side of the posterior third of the tongue. Feeling that on your palate will be confusing to the body and so the tongue will try to feel it each time it swallows, reaching the palate and activating the weak side of the tongue in an effort to even out the swallowing motion and, overtime, lead to better mewing and better face development.

The thing is, I don't have access to Myospots. Do you know of any alternatives? I've already tried a piece of gum but it doesn't work very well.

Thanks!

Hello :)

So I have this issue where the right side posterior third of the tongue is weak and will not press as evenly on the palate as the left side. It is also quite noticeably less involved in the act of swallowing - which is done thousands of times a day and exerts pressure on the maxilla.

I stumbled across a video from Best Face Forward providing some stretches and exercises to strengthen and activate the weak posterior side of the tongue for more symmetrical swallowing and mewing and, therefore, more symmetrical face development (or fixing existing asymmetry).

The most important exercise of them all involved putting a small, biodegradable adhesive (called a Myospot) on your palate right above the weak side of the posterior third of the tongue. Feeling that on your palate will be confusing to the body and so the tongue will try to feel it each time it swallows, reaching the palate and activating the weak side of the tongue in an effort to even out the swallowing motion and, overtime, lead to better mewing and better face development.

The thing is, I don't have access to Myospots. Do you know of any alternatives? I've already tried a piece of gum but it doesn't work very well.

Thanks!
i might be dumb but explain in the most simple way possible

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i might be dumb but explain in the most simple way possible
One side of my tongue is weaker than the other, so when I mew the stronger side gets more jaw gains and it imbalances the appearance of my face. I want to train the weaker side of my tongue so that it is more involved in mewing and swallowing and can even out the stronger side, so that jaw gains and overall face development is even on both sides and I get a more symmetrical face.

Myospots are tiny things you stick on the roof of your mouth (they dissolve so they aren't there forever) so that you can train the weaker side of your tongue by pushing it toward the Myospot with each swallow and each mewing session. As the Myospot is on the roof of your mouth, your tongue will become used to feeling the Myospot each time it swallows or mews and in that way it grows used to being on the roof of your mouth, so that you eventually will be able to mew with even force on both sides of the palate (roof of your mouth)

The problem is Myospots are really expensive and I dont have access to them.

One side of my tongue is weaker than the other, so when I mew the stronger side gets more jaw gains and it imbalances the appearance of my face. I want to train the weaker side of my tongue so that it is more involved in mewing and swallowing and can even out the stronger side, so that jaw gains and overall face development is even on both sides and I get a more symmetrical face.

Myospots are tiny things you stick on the roof of your mouth (they dissolve so they aren't there forever) so that you can train the weaker side of your tongue by pushing it toward the Myospot with each swallow and each mewing session. As the Myospot is on the roof of your mouth, your tongue will become used to feeling the Myospot each time it swallows or mews and in that way it grows used to being on the roof of your mouth, so that you eventually will be able to mew with even force on both sides of the palate (roof of your mouth)

The problem is Myospots are really expensive and I dont have access to them.
if theres a weaker side of your jaw just train that with some falim gum?

if theres a weaker side of your jaw just train that with some falim gum?
or just push on the roof of your mouth without it?the best thing i can think of instead is a some folded paper or quite a bit of sponge to push against?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Off-Topic 3