Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Chewing (Mastication) Grows the Jaws and Impacts Overall Robusticity of the Skull

Rkelly

Knowledgeable
Established Member
Mechanistically, increased mastication induced Insulin–like growth factor (IGF)-1 and suppressed sclerostin in osteocytes. IGF-1 enhanced osteoblastogenesis of the cells derived from tendon. Together, these findings indicate that the osteocytes balance the cytokine expression upon the mechanical loading of increased mastication, in order to enhance bone formation. This bone formation leads to morphological change in the jawbone, so that the bone adapts to the mechanical environment to which it is exposed.
1715716131602.png

The increase of the anterior zygomatic arch width and interzygomatic width during the experimental period were larger in the rehabilitation group compared to both the normal and the hypofunctional group.
On the other hand, both the normal and rehabilitation groups were had a wider alveolar process than the hypofunctional group (p<0.05). Both alveolar height and width were significantly correlated with all micro-tomographic parameters under study. The rehabilitation of masticatory function led to a significant improvement of alveolar bone architecture in adult rats, although the negative effects of hypofunction were not totally reversed during the period under study.

The supraorbital torus is found only in some genera of the primate order. Because no muscles of consequence attach directly to it, it has been considered non-functional. However, invitro strain-gauge experiments demonstrate that when the anterior teeth are loaded, the supraorbital region acts as a bent beam, pulled downward on each end by masticatory muscle forces and pushed upward centrally by bite force. Clinical and experimental data indicate that in response to repeated dynamic bending stress, adaptive cellular activity reconstructs skeletal material until bending stresses are neutralized. With these facts in mind, the hypothesis that supraorbital development is, in part, a predictable ontogenetic response to in-vivo bending stresses which concentrate over the eyes during anterior tooth loading was tested by means of a biomechanical model. The bent-beam model states that supraorbital bending is a function of the area moment of inertia of the forehead (relative to the direction of the bite force) and of the bending moment. When this model was tested on a series of Australian Aboriginal crania, significant relationships were found between brow ridge development and measures of forehead area moment and bending moment. It was concluded that the torus functions to resist bending stress concentrated over the eyes during anterior biting and that its development is proportional to the amount of such stress which cannot be resisted by the unadorned frontal bone.

Mastication plays a crucial role in jaw development and bone density. Chewing harder or tougher foods can contribute to stronger and more well-developed jaws, which is beneficial for overall attractiveness, oral health, and function. Encouraging a diet that includes a variety of textures and requires ample chewing can support optimal jaw-bone health throughout life.

this must explain why cows got these long shoehorn jaws from chewing the darned cud all day long, I grew up on steak and eggs and all we chewed on was beef jerky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this must explain why cows got these long shoehorn jaws from chewing the darned cud all day long, I grew up on steak and eggs and all we chewed on was beef jerky
being breastfed and growing up with consistently having tough foods in the diet is probably the most important after genetics and prenatal T

read every proton and neutron and the electrons orbiting it

View attachment 29789

Mastication plays a crucial role in jaw development and bone density. Chewing harder or tougher foods can contribute to stronger and more well-developed jaws, which is beneficial for overall attractiveness, oral health, and function. Encouraging a diet that includes a variety of textures and requires ample chewing can support optimal jaw-bone health throughout life.
Goood thread

Bookmarked

And they say chewing a hard chew toy is hope 🤣🤣🤣 I knew what I was doing. Chewing is like working out your body and making your bones thicker over time

IMG_20240304_180939.jpg

I can just clench cause i have chad occlusion

View attachment 29801

I can just clench cause i have chad occlusion
Wtf my teeth has slight overbite but I'm told it's actually pretty normal. I didn't know teeth can look that aligned. My teeth look straighter though. Granted my overbite was much worse before.

I agree with this info on chewing. I think it's related to the electrical impulse thread I made a few weeks ago as well since I think the pulses would mimic how the muscle pulls and contracts on the bone. I don't know enough about the exact mechanisms, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's related.

1715721487407.png
There's muscles attached to the chin and cheekbones too, so methinks you can train these and perhaps be more robust in general (to clarify, the bones on chin and stuff are smaller and less strong than the masseters, so perhaps EMS or some unorthodox method may be required to mess with the idea. Also curious to know how it would impact aesthetics).

I would visit an ortho to get your bite checked out
I have no issues its an ancient type of bite its an edge to edge bite it disappeared thousands of years ago but i have it

Wtf my teeth has slight overbite but I'm told it's actually pretty normal. I didn't know teeth can look that aligned. My teeth look straighter though. Granted my overbite was much worse before.
IMG_20240515_034343.jpg

I have no issues its an ancient type of bite its an edge to edge bite it disappeared thousands of years ago but i have it
No you need to get it checked out and fixed like ASAP
edge to edge bite will eventually lead to periodontal disease and excessive teeth wear and breakdown
1715724810211.png

No you need to get it checked out and fixed like ASAP
edge to edge bite will eventually lead to periodontal disease and excessive teeth wear and breakdown
View attachment 29805
No i don't, people who have this, all their teeth dont align and incisors protrude to meet at the the edges

mine are different and nothing will happen (they are still very sharp at edges)
but i should still should see an ortho to fix my lower teeth gap but most prolly I won't

No i don't, people who have this, all their teeth dont align and incisors protrude to meet at the the edges

mine are different and nothing will happen (they are still very sharp at edges)
but i should still should see an ortho to fix my lower teeth gap but most prolly I won't
your loss boyo

Kingkellyz returning to his prime?

Good thread btw bhai