Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Do I have a forward grown Maxilla?

MakinItHappen

Had to wait till the weight came down. Skin is sagging and still some excess there, but best I can do with two 12kg dumbbells and a treadmill.

18kg in 4 months.

Forward maxilla present or can't tell because of skin sagging around said area?

892a24437b35e30c9f67399aac343016 (1).png

Had to wait till the weight came down. Skin is sagging and still some excess there, but best I can do with two 12kg dumbbells and a treadmill.

18kg in 4 months.

View attachment 14141
terrible photo to judge

Not a good side profile pic at all but I'll try and work with it.

First let me show/explain the different facial views.
IMG_20200625_220124_549.JPG
A) full face frontal view
B) oblique lateral aka 3/4s view
C) right profile view aka side profile view

All of them should be taken in optimal lighting.
All should be taken with the subject in NHP (natural head position).
Hair should be moved up and off the forehead for the rest of the face to be clearly seen.

18kg in 4 months.

View attachment 14141
Upper portion seems recessed (cheekbones). The lower part is protruding.

Yes you do have a forward grown lower maxilla, but it isn't too much or 'striking'. Maybe due to bloat.

hard to tell as the pic isn't directly from the side, your forward growth looks above average but not anything crazy, forward growth is overrated anyways, as long as you have at least average forward growth it wont be something which is holding you back from ascending.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Upper portion seems recessed (cheekbones). The lower part is protruding.

Yes you do have a forward grown lower maxilla, but it isn't too much or 'striking'. Maybe due to bloat.

That's what I almost allowed myself to think regarding the upper portion, but then when I went and looked in the mirror I noticed it was sag. It's not the bone that's recessed.

Whether it's striking or not I don't know. I need to fix the lighting and make another one, but will do it after the gyms have opened and I've lost all the excess weight.

18kg in 4 months.

View attachment 14141
Pros
- non-retruded maxilla
- high and projected nose bridge
- straight nasal profile with no dorsal humps, low radix, or upturned tip
- appear to have decent nasolabial angle
- philtrum is straight and not curling up and out
- no bimaxillary protrusion
- no paranasal hollowing

Cons
- reccesed infra-orbital rims and lacking under eye support
- either chin is not protruding and maybe a little reccesed but can't tell for sure due to bad angle and lighting
- no visibly prominent zygomatic arch
- too much body fat so you have high facial adiposity
- appearance of high cervicomental angle again due to bodyfat
- cannot see hyoid position or submental region
- cannot really estimate nasofrontal angle
- forehead and glabella is mostly covered
- supraorbital ridge and rims are covered with hair
- ramus and gonial angle not visible due to bodyfat and angle + lighting of picture
- cannot see if you have a bulging occiput or not

hard to tell as the pic isn't directly from the side, your forward growth looks above average but not anything crazy, forward growth is overrated anyways, as long as you have at least average forward growth it wont be something which is holding you back from ascending.

222987_12807430719_7054_n.jpg

I mean that was me early 20s and I'm 28 now.

And this one here lol is me at 16 or 17, before I ever had my brows threaded.

Picture727.jpg

Can a good maxilla melt from mouth breathing and shit? As I seem to have a good one in both of these? Could just be the body fat mind-you. We'll see once all the face fat has gone.

Can a good maxilla melt from mouth breathing and shit? As I seem to have a good one in both of these? Could just be the body fat mind-you. We'll see once all the face fat has gone.
Your maxilla is not the problem and yes let's wait till the bodyfat comes off. Also take it in better lighting and angle as I've shown you above

View attachment 14144

View attachment 14145

I would assume based on that last pic you have decent gonial angle, ramus exposure, submental region, and shallow antegonial notch.

Pros
- non-retruded maxilla
- high and projected nose bridge
- straight nasal profile with no dorsal humps, low radix, or upturned tip
- appear to have decent nasolabial angle
- philtrum is straight and not curling up and out
- no bimaxillary protrusion
- no paranasal hollowing

Cons
- reccesed infra-orbital rims and lacking under eye support
- either chin is not protruding and maybe a little reccesed but can't tell for sure due to bad angle and lighting
- too much body fat so you have high facial adiposity
- appearance of high cervicomental angle again due to bodyfat
- cannot see hyoid position or submental region
- cannot really estimate nasofrontal angle
- forehead and glabella is mostly covered
- supraorbital ridge and rims are covered with hair
- ramus and gonial not visible due to bodyfat and angle + lighting of picture
- cannot see if you have a bulging occiput or not

Jesus. I appreciate that^. f**k me bro. Thank you./

And I'm gonna need you to revaluate once I have a proper high spec camera together with 1 month of gym in the bag. :) Love it buddy.

Will look over all that you;'ve said and research it on google, while I look in the mirror. My soft tissue muscles have definitely weakened over the years. I am gonna focus on strengthening them with tongue and neck posture along with face muscle exercises.

Are the infra-orbital rims weak in my pictures from youth I've posted? And if not does that mean it's high body fat or just melt? If it's melt can I resurrect the situation or is it too late?

I would assume based on that last pic you have decent gonial angle, ramus exposure, submental region, and shallow antegonial notch.

Will Google all of this and learn. Thank you.

Told you I was kinda good looking in my early 20s and teens lol. Nervous to see where we are compared with back then after the weights gone now.

Are the infra-orbital rims weak in my pictures from youth I've posted? And if not does that mean it's high body fat or just melt? If it's
They look ok but again that wasn't even a proper side profile pic neither was the one in this thread.
They are definitely not perfect or ideal so to speak.
Infra-orbital implants and under eye fillers can easily help you out.
Your eyebrows and lashes seem above average and that's good. Good thick eyelashes on the lower eyelid can help distract from bad under eye area.

Essentially from side profile, at least imo, these should be your goals
- non retruded maxilla and infras
- low facial adiposity (very important especially for males)
- straight philtrum
- straight/orthognathic profile with slight anterior divergence

Good side profile would look something like this:
IMG_20200521_004310_089.JPG
IMG_20200625_141143_793.jpg

They look ok but again that wasn't even a proper side profile pic neither was the one in this thread.
They are definitely not perfect or ideal so to speak.
Infra-orbital implants and under eye fillers can easily help you out.
Your eyebrows and lashes seem above average and that's good. Good thick eyelashes on the lower eyelid can help distract from bad under eye area.

Essentially from side profile, at least imo, these should be your goals
- non retruded maxilla and infras
- low facial adiposity (very important especially for males)
- straight philtrum
- straight/orthognathic profile with slight anterior divergence

Good side profile would look something like this:
View attachment 14146
View attachment 14147

Noted down. Appreciate it @Rkelly. You're a good guy when you're not thinking about 14 year old girls.

You're a good guy when you're not thinking about 14 year old girls
???
I think you're confusing me with some other members of this forum srsly
I'm not into 14yr old girls especially being 19yrs old myself

???
I think you're confusing me with some other members of this forum srsly
I'm not into 14yr old girls especially being 19yrs old myself

Dude it was a joke. Meant R Kelly.

merlin_170039889_ee1e130d-4a38-4668-a4f5-a7a9d3fa302d-superJumbo.jpg

You shouldn't be missing that with your IQ man.

Last edited:
Dude it was a joke. Meant R Kelly.

View attachment 14148

You shouldn't be missing that with your IQ man.
I don't think I'm high IQ tbh
But yeah you got me, my initial thought was that you actually confused me with someone else because there are users here who actually like and are into underage boys and girls lol

View attachment 14144

View attachment 14145

its possible but unlikely, you would have to mouth breath pretty much constantly while also keeping your mouth open to actually see a noticeable difference, to me the difference between you now and compared to when you were younger is just your bf percentage and aging

its possible but unlikely, you would have to mouth breath pretty much constantly while also keeping your mouth open to actually see a noticeable difference, to me the difference between you now and compared to when you were younger is just your bf percentage and aging

2 months time young me returns. Metrosexualmaxing with all the face exercises, gyming, led light therapy, face masks, you know bloody it. Man's doing it bruv.

I don't think I'm high IQ tbh
But yeah you got me, my initial thought was that you actually confused me with someone else because there are users here who actually like and are into underage boys and girls lol

Haha nah

What have you scored in the test?

BTW I lost a middle outter tooth, top tier, about 3 years ago. Can that cause upper jaw recession or just a myth?

2 months time young me returns. Metrosexualmaxing with all the face exercises, gyming, led light therapy, face masks, you know bloody it. Man's doing it bruv.
you should look into dermapening aswell, thats really good for boosting your collagen production and making you look younger, just make sure you know what your doing before you try it and dont buy a cheap dermapen or a dermaroller as in the long run it damages your skin, you can always get it done by a dermatologist but it is way more expensive

Haha nah

What have you scored in the test?

BTW I lost a middle outter tooth, top tier, about 3 years ago. Can that cause upper jaw recession or just a myth?
Never took the test but I really want to. Although I am a bit nervous lol. I want score highly so I can officially brag about being high IQ but I'm likely 90-120 range tbh. I doubt im legit "high IQ".

Idk for sure but I think you should be fine if it was one tooth. Maybe send me a pic if you can.
Just don't mouth breathe and have good oral, neck and spinal posture.

Back