Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Does anyone know how to fix overbite?

I have an extreme overbite, i used to have braces and they are told me to wear rubber bands which i think was supposed to fix the over bite but i was a stupid kid and I never wore them. Are there ways to fix it naturally? or should i go to an orthodontist for a specific treatment?

an orthodontist

jutting idk

Not sure how old you are, but I genuinely have done mewing for quite some time now and it does help with over bite. My overbite initially went over all my teeth, but it no longer does that. I have never worn braces or had teeth pulled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure how old you are, but I genuinely have done mewing for quite some time now and it does help with over bite. My overbite initially went over all my teeth, but it no longer does that. I have never worn braces or had teeth pulled.
My thing with mewing is I don't think I'm doing it correctly. When I mew I create a lot of suction on the roof of my mouth, and don't get me wrong the result is great it really hollows in my jawline. But I can't breathe when I do it and if I do it breaks the suction. I feel that I've somehow misinterpreted the mewing thing bc what I do is something I can do for like as long as I can hold my breath, for a picture or smth, wtv. To me it's not an exercise that would long term improve my jawline, just something I can do to temporarily suck in my jawline.

My thing with mewing is I don't think I'm doing it correctly. When I mew I create a lot of suction on the roof of my mouth, and don't get me wrong the result is great it really hollows in my jawline. But I can't breathe when I do it and if I do it breaks the suction. I feel that I've somehow misinterpreted the mewing thing bc what I do is something I can do for like as long as I can hold my breath, for a picture or smth, wtv. To me it's not an exercise that would long term improve my jawline, just something I can do to temporarily suck in my jawline.
It's completely normal not to be able to breath when doing it. Do it as hard as you can when you are able to still breathe. Sounds like you are doing it right

Back