Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Does promoting beard growth leads to baldness

Reton

Hi guys, recently i started to use castor oil and dermaroller on my beard to clear some patches i had. But, a pretty scary thought occured to me by doing so - is there any chance it can increase the DHT levels? because its a trade off im not willing to take (i dont want to take propecia yet).

And by the way, i started to notice after a month that i have new white hair on my beard. Do you know if it will change to black? If so when approximately?

Thanks for the help!

I don't know how long it will take those new vellus hairs to become terminal

The human body has two types of hair – skin-hair and beard-hair. Both are produced from follicular stem cells and share many common features. However, the most noticeable difference between them is that skin-hair grows outwards while beard-hair grows downwards.
Skin-Hair is produced at the root level of the follicles and grows upwards. When these follicles reach the surface of the skin and become visible, they get trimmed off by the epidermal layer, thus resulting in small round bumps called ‘pores’. These pores have no openings and remain closed for about 6 months. They are then opened again by the sebaceous glands and produce oils that contain pheromones, hormones and other substances that attract mates. In this way, the epidermis is constantly releasing chemicals into the atmosphere that help to promote reproductive success.
Beard-Hair is produced beneath the epidermal layer inside the dermis. This type of hair produces large amounts of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, etc., that strengthen the dermal layer of the skin. Beard-Hair grows downwards and reaches the surface of the skin only after undergoing several stages of maturation. After reaching the surface of the skin, it continues to grow until it becomes long enough to make its appearance noticeable.
Accordingly, the development of a beard may lead to increased testosterone levels, but too much testosterone can cause male pattern baldness. To prevent this from happening, keep your testosterone levels low and maintain a balance using beard oil.