Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Estrogen main cause of bone growth and tallness

sexlesstosexles

Established Member
A lot of this medical talk is like reading greek to me, but I do understand some of it.

2.1. Estrogen in Bone​

Nowadays, it is well-recognized that estrogen is important in bone homeostasis playing a pivotal role in longitudinal bone growth in both male and female skeletons. In females, during the early stages of puberty, low levels of estrogen allow for the rapid growth of the bone, and towards the end of puberty high levels of estrogen result in the closure of the growth plate [11]. In males, it was previously thought that androgen was responsible for skeletal growth. This hypothesis changed after the reports and careful analysis of two anomalies in the male skeleton involving estrogen synthesis and signaling pathway. The first one was the clinical report of a male patient exhibiting bone growth even into adulthood. This patient carried a mutation in codon 157 in both alleles of the estrogen receptor alpha (ERα) changing a cytosine for thymine resulting in a premature stop codon. This mutation resulted in tall stature due to the lack of growth plate fusion. Despite the abnormal length of the bone and high levels of testosterone, he had low bone density (3.1 SD below the mean for age-matched normal women), resulting in osteoporosis [12]. The second finding was the identification of two male patients with similar clinical characteristics as previously described patients, but in their cases, an aromatase p450 deficiency was responsible for the same clinical outcome [13,14].
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/11/10/4439

Results​

A total of 52 randomized controlled trials (RCTs) were included. When compared with placebo, testosterone supplementation did not increase total BMD (short-term: 1081 participants, MD − 0.01 g/cm2, 95% CI − 0.02 g/cm2 to 0.01 g/cm2; long-term: 156 participants, MD 0.04 g/cm2, 95% CI − 0.07 g/cm2 to 0.14 g/cm2), lumbar spine, hip, or femur neck BMD. Furthermore, testosterone supplementation did not decrease the risk of falling or fracture. Lastly, it was found that testosterone supplementation did not increase the risk of cardiovascular events (1374 participants, RR 1.28, 95% CI 0.62 to 2.64), all-cause mortality (729 participants, RR 0.55, 95% CI 0.29 to 1.04), or prostatic events. However, testosterone supplementation may improve sexual function and quality of life (1328 participants, MD -1.32, 95% CI − 2.11 to − 0.52).
https://bmcendocrdisord.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12902-020-0509-6

"But... doesn't testosterone grow bones?"

Testosterone is synthesized into estrogen which does effect your bones, from a certain perspective you could say that testosterone does grow bones:
Most of the estrogen found in men is synthesized from testosterone by the action of the aromatase enzyme (encoded by the CYP19A1gene) [2,3]. Testes and the brain produce measurable amounts of estrogen [4] while adrenal glands produce just a small amount.

You can be tall yes but like a user said these types tend to look like literally kids but lanklets, Cookie on tiktok is someone that comes to mind when i think about this disorder. iv met someone when i went to school with the same body type and they can NEVER naturally build a good body due to the hormonal issues

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can be tall yes but like a user said these types tend to look like literally kids but lanklets, Cookie on tiktok is someone that comes to mind when i think about this disorder. iv met someone when i went to school with the same body type and they can NEVER naturally build a good body due to the hormonal issues
his face looks bland as a male he should transition to girl, he is mid htn at most

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sexlesstosexles Looksmaxxing 12
Nihilus Looksmaxxing 8
sexlesstosexles Looksmaxxing 21
sexlesstosexles Off-Topic 0