Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Examining beauty (in gaming.) Then and Now.

sexlesstosexles

Established Member
I watched this video and I almost cried a tear:

Something about myth and magic. Magic and mystery that is missing in modern gaming. I feel that LCD was a step backwards for society.

I will give you an example. I have a game called Redout II, it is a modern game, I kind of like it. But the graphics almost give me a heart attack, something about it makes me feel uneasy while playing. Yet every modern gamer will praise the graphics endlessly, that's all they do is praise graphics endlessly, I couldn't even find hardly any videos of gamers complaining about modern graphics at all.

So I feel this is a concept about dimension. Like what if a reality is full of vulgar modern gamers that have minimal taste in art, yet the space is dominated by these uncultured critics. Then its a concept where you are surrounded by everyone around you is saying fire is cold. Then the corporate LCD, LCD monitors everywhere and everyone only programs for LCD monitors, and that's what you got, and the corporate narrative is to use LCD only. Then are you sure of the future, what if every step they take doesn't improve you.

Its like this quote from Matrix 4:

maybe its how we felt when were younger playing these games. the time period itself was when we were free and happier than now. it causes nostalgia
but yeah imo older games are better than older ones, times change and we can see that reflected in games.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe its how we felt when were younger playing these games. the time period itself was when we were free and happier than now. it causes nostalgia
but yeah imo older games are better than older ones, times change and we can see that reflected in games.
lmao the nostalgia argument. my bro i thanku for this, i had a reply on the ready for this

i never had a game console when i was younger, i am just able to empathize with the souls of classic gamers, i am able to be transported back to the earlier gaming days. although i did play some retro games when i was younger with other people's consoles, so it doesn't 100% rule out the nostalgia theory.

more proof though that lcd's are indeed a downgrade of art

for example most consumers just buy LCD's even though they have a fading issue where the pixels fade slowly instead of quick updates like crt

get redout II (its on sale) and you'll see what i mean about modern gfx

Back