Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Fixed retainers

Rico

Since I've got my braces off in February I got fixed retainers on my five upper and five lower teeth. Do they prevent results? If they do; can I just tell my orthodontist to take them off or should I break them by myself?

Since I've got my braces off in February I got fixed retainers on my five upper and five lower teeth. Do they prevent results? If they do; can I just tell my orthodontist to take them off or should I break them by myself?
You'll get facial gains with braces if you have a good orthodontist, wait and apply the orthotropic premise.

Naw you f*****g r****d
Some guy on looksmax thought this stupid shit and his teeth went back to where they were before
Mewing is cope

• JFL
Reactions: Neo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
how long will u have to keep ur retainer in for?
I don't know, I will ask them at my next appointment. I actually also should be wearing permanent retainers during night but I stopped wearing them a long time ago

I don't know, I will ask them at my next appointment. I actually also should be wearing permanent retainers during night but I stopped wearing them a long time ago
I've had braces too and have to wear retainers during night. My dentist keeps telling me that those retainers are necesarry as teeth will deform pretty easily otherwise. Some people have problems mewing with retainers during night but I have no problem with it so I have them in just in case

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had braces too and have to wear retainers during night. My dentist keeps telling me that those retainers are necesarry as teeth will deform pretty easily otherwise. Some people have problems mewing with retainers during night but I have no problem with it so I have them in just in case
Mewing while also wearing permanent retainers during night will actually show no results at all. When mewing, you shift your teeth outwards aka you expand your palate. Retainers do the opposite thing.

As you said, teeth could deform when you'll stop wearing them, but that's due to incorrect oral posture. Just mew and don't wear retainers (my advice)

Back