Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion Haven't used shampoo for over 2 years. Am I weird?

x6bandz

Hey guys first post here.

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same benefits as me from not using shampoo. This may sound weird, I'm not sure; however, I've never liked the idea of shampoo/conditioner and decided to try stopping using it to see what would happen. After a couple of days, my hair went kind of oily; however, shortly returned back to normal. I wash my hair with only water and have actually noticed way healthier hair. I went from having dead straight hair with dandruff while using shampoo, to having curly/wavy soft hair that never gets oily or smells.

Was wondering if anyone else has had the same benefits as me from not using shampoo. This may sound weird, I'm not sure; however, I've never liked the idea of shampoo/conditioner and decided to try stopping using it to see what would happen. After a couple of days, my hair went kind of oily; however, shortly returned back to normal. I wash my hair with only water and have actually noticed way healthier hair. I went from having dead straight hair with dandruff while using shampoo, to having curly/wavy soft hair that never gets oily or smells.
the longest ive ever went with no shampoo/conditioner was like 2 weeks i can never do more than a year but i experienced what you were talking about. if your hair is really healthy keep doing it

Bro you are gonna have dandruff, fungus and dust mites all over your head.

The only explanation for your supposed improvement is because the slop they sell at stores has harsh chemicals and is bad for you. If you were already using organic certified equipment then there is no explanation other than placebo.

Maybe the other explanation is that your tap water has so many harsh chemicals in it it reduces the fungus and dust mites, but at the cost of damaging your skin.

Also: dust mites are actually good for you, its their poop that is bad. If there was some way to make dust mite poop inert, then they would be good for you.

Bro you are gonna have dandruff, fungus and dust mites all over your head.

The only explanation for your supposed improvement is because the slop they sell at stores has harsh chemicals and is bad for you. If you were already using organic certified equipment then there is no explanation other than placebo.

Maybe the other explanation is that your tap water has so many harsh chemicals in it it reduces the fungus and dust mites, but at the cost of damaging your skin.

Also: dust mites are actually good for you, its their poop that is bad. If there was some way to make dust mite poop inert, then they would be good for you.
what brands do you suggest then?

what brands do you suggest then?
my top picks would be tree to tub, desert essence, or hask, but i do not know much about them. steer clear from normie shampoos that have harsh chemicals, if it has artificial colors you dont have to waste time reading ingredients and you will know its rubbish shampoo

my top picks would be tree to tub, desert essence, or hask, but i do not know much about them. steer clear from normie shampoos that have harsh chemicals, if it has artificial colors you dont have to waste time reading ingredients and you will know its rubbish shampoo
is native a good brand or should i switch

is native a good brand or should i switch
The first 2 ingredients are water and salt so it seems like a waste of money. And it has Polyquaternium-10 as a major ingredient, I've never heard of it and its not listed on ewg.org

Same here