Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Home options for resistance training Part #1:The Chest

Deleted Member 295

Seek beauty in ugly times
Established Member
Introduction
This is part one of a series of guides for people who don't have access to weights either because of material issues or fear of showing their ugly faces in the gym.We will explore the cheapest most available and most effective ways to exercise.The thread will be broken down into body parts and i will show numerous ways to exercise them without weights.There will be at least 1 exercise without any equipment for each body part.I will also introduce useful equipment and show you how to program these exercises.

• Body Part:Chest
The chest is relatively easy to exercise.
One of the best tools to train your pecs is a movement pattern that is known to have existed since Ancient Greece.That is;

The Push Up​
images (57).jpeg

It's the same movement pattern with the classic chest exercise "The Bench Press"

If you are at the point where you can do over 30 push ups,you most likely won't see much improvement from this exercise.But there is a way to progress.
Harder variations include
The Decline Push Up​
images (65).jpeg
Resistance Band Push Ups​
bandpushup-1480692013.gif

If you can't do a single push up,easier variations include
Knee Push Upsimages (70).jpeg

Incline Push Ups
images (66).jpeg
When it comes to chest training,even competitive bodybuilders favor;

The Dip
images (69).jpeg
The Dip is a difficult exercise that works mainly the lower part of your chest.You most likely don't have access to two parallel bars and in that case
Home variations include
Chair dips​
IMG_20190818_105712.jpg

Countertop Dips
images (68).jpeg

Useful equipment for the chest

The Chest Expander
images (55).jpeg
The chest Expander is a piece of equipment dating back to the Strongman Era.
Despite it's name,the chest expander mainly works your back muscles.
However it also presents a unique opportunity to isometrically train your chest to allow more muscle fiber recruitment.
Normally with weighted and bodyweight training,the bottom portion of the movement is the most difficult with the most tension on the muscle.With the chest expander however it's the complete opposite.The resistance keeps increasing as you progress, with the top portion being the hardest part.
That's a new type of stimulation for your muscles and that will translate into more gains.
I will make a separate threat on it to introduce and show you the ways to use it.

I will discuss Back and Shoulder training in Part #2

asking for an accident if you do these. put some weight on the chairs if you can.
1566118944170.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can push ups help me lose fat?
Any type of physical activity will help you lose fat.
If you're talking about losing chest fat though,no.
Targeted fat loss is impossible.Youre going to lose fat all over

It's not a 100 push ups every day program.
It's a program that gets you to be able to do 100 push ups in a row in 6 weeks.
JFL @ doing pushups daily even

youre not working the machines but youre still pushing at least half of your weight with your chest if youre doing them correctly lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
JFL @ doing pushups daily even

youre not working the machines but youre still pushing at least half of your weight with your chest if youre doing them correctly lol
Yea it's a 3 days a week program though.
And the second thing you said is a reason why push ups are great.

As an 81 kg guy with long arms and long torso who can bench 100 kg
I can do just 35 reps in a row.

Yea it's a 3 days a week program though.
And the second thing you said is a reason why push ups are great.

As an 81 kg guy with long arms and long torso who can bench 100 kg
I can do just 35 reps in a row.
if you can do 35 reps in a row with 100kg why dont u up the weight