Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Home options for resistance training Part #3:Arms and Legs

Deleted Member 295

Seek beauty in ugly times
Established Member
This is part 3 of the "Home options for resistance training" threads
Part#1:The Chest
Part#2:Back and Shoulders
  • Body Part:The Arms
IMG_20190905_084959.jpg

We are concerned with two muscles located in your arm.
  1. Triceps(Marked in Green)
  2. Biceps(Marked in Red)
A common misconception is that you need to train biceps in order to get bigger arms,while that's true it's not the best approach because your triceps make up 2/3 of your arm.It's a larger muscle in comparison to your biceps.

How to train your biceps at home ?

The best way requires you to purchase a piece of equipment.

Chin ups
images - 2019-09-05T090023.004.jpeg
It's not very different from the pull up,except you go for an underhand grip instead of an overhand grip

Resistance Band/Chest expander bicep curls
bandhammercurl-1480630337.gif
This version of the curl is actually more ideal than the weighted curl,because the tension increases according to the strength curve,with the top portion of motion where the bicep is strongest is the hardest part of the exercise.

If you don't want to purchase any equipment

Towel Curls
images (63).jpeg
You control the resistance in this exercise so don't press so damn hard that you can't curl,but don't press too little either

You don't even need a towel to perform this actually

How to train your triceps at home ?

There's a list of exercises below;

Bodyweight Tricep Extensions
images - 2019-09-05T084747.261.jpeg

Tiger Bend Push Ups
images - 2019-09-05T084823.248.jpeg

Bench Dips
images - 2019-09-05T081906.552.jpeg

Diamond Push Ups
images - 2019-09-05T082226.739.jpeg

Regular Push Ups
images (57).jpeg

Tricep Dips
images-2019-09-05-T091707-981.jpg

The only difference between this and chest dip is the positioning of your torso.Don't lean forward and stay upright if you want to hit your triceps

How to train your legs at home ?

There is no need to go into detail of different muscles located in your legs as doing these exercises you will target them all.

Wall Sit
images-2019-09-05-T082208-304.jpg

Tough one to be honest.Most people can't do this past 30 seconds

Split Squats
bulgsquat.jpg
A harder version of the standart bodyweight squat

Resistance band/Chest Expander Leg Press​
Indoor-Small-Fitness-Equipment-Arm-Leg-Chest-Expander-Exercise-Pull-Rope-with-Foot-Pedals.jpg

Pistol Squats
images-62.jpg
Difficult exercise for advanced trainees

Squats
how-make-squat-muscular-man-260nw-306013061.png

Part#4 will cover information on how to program your training.

Attachments

• images - 2019-09-05T091707.981.jpeg
    images - 2019-09-05T091707.981.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
Does this work if you had your legs blown off in Vietnam?

thanks man. ever since ive had my legs blown up i had to get a wheelchair and i can barely move those wheels with my arms but I aint no pussy to get an electric one

thanks man. ever since ive had my legs blown up i had to get a wheelchair and i can barely move those wheels with my arms but I aint no pussy to get an electric one
get robot legs so you can be above 6ft