Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

How do I improve my deadlift?

Neo

Pakistan Zindabad
Top Contributor
Established Member
I'm weak as f**k. I'm 5'10, 59kg (130lbs) at 6.5 bodyfat. I can't deadlift more than 120kg (264lbs).

I'm sure that I can lift much more around 180kg max but getting the bar off the floor is the hardest bit.

Does anyone have any tips to beat this plateau?

I'm weak as f**k. I'm 5'10, 59kg (130lbs) at 6.5 bodyfat. I can't deadlift more than 120kg (264lbs).

I'm sure that I can lift much more around 180kg max but getting the bar off the floor is the hardest bit.

120kg is pretty good for ur weight @Alcibiades... try dropping the weight and doing more reps and see how that goes... what's ur other lifts like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
120kg is pretty good for ur weight @Alcibiades... try dropping the weight and doing more reps and see how that goes... what's ur other lifts like?
I can do 120kg for reps tho:shreg:. I think the most reps I've done in one set is 9 at 120kg.

My squat is shit too at 117kg and my bench is even worse at 75kg. I barely bench heavy cuz I'm paranoid about dropping the weight on my head.

Personally I'm 66kg and I've deadlifted 210KG after just 5 months of training so it's definitely possible just push yourself and eat 150g of protein daily, oh and have good strength genetics.

Personally I'm 66kg and I've deadlifted 210KG after just 5 months of training so it's definitely possible just push yourself and eat 150g of protein daily, oh and have good strength genetics.

f*****g hell you are crazy strong.

Lol what? i deadlifted almost 120kg right at the beginning

But ok, as an leptosomic build ectomorph you will never be able to reach high strength levels

Your frame is small, you joints/ankles are simply not build for super heavy resistance training

Longer limbed people generally have problems with deadlifting

My advice is: Train at maximum strength and speed level

Include plyo and isometrics in your training routine

Over time you will get naturally stronger, it just will take a bit longer for you than for someone who has a more mesomorphic build

And dont overtrain, if your body cant handle a certain weight level then deal with it

Back in my gymcelling days ive witnessed a old guy (around 60-70) deadlifting 300kg with ease

It looked bizarre, his bideltoid and ribcage were tiny, his shoulder were extremely sloped, from his body posture you could had assume that he suffered from servere athrosis

But one thing which stood out were his absurd big legit 10 inch wrists

So big they literally morphed into his handpalm

He didnt had any fat or any much muscles on his arms, he was quite skinny, but his wrist size was literally abnormal

This along with a higher myofibrillar density and stronger ligaments/tendons is the reason why our father were so much stronger than us

They drank more milk, they ate more meat, less sugars and carbs, they didnt came much in contact with BPAs and xenoestrogens

a boomer with sub 8 inch wrists is equivalent to a unicorn, it simply doesnt exist

At least here in germany

Back in my gymcelling days ive witnessed a old guy (around 60-70) deadlifting 300kg with ease

It looked bizarre, his bideltoid and ribcage were tiny, his shoulder were extremely sloped, from his body posture you could had assume that he suffered from servere athrosis

But one thing which stood out were his absurd big legit 10 inch wrists

So big they literally morphed into his handpalm

He didnt had any fat or any much muscles on his arms, he was quite skinny, but his wrist size was literally abnormal

This along with a higher myofibrillar density and stronger ligaments/tendons is the reason why our father were so much stronger than us

They drank more milk, they ate more meat, less sugars and carbs, they didnt came much in contact with BPAs and xenoestrogens

a boomer with sub 8 inch wrists is equivalent to a unicorn, it simply doesnt exist

At least here in germany

bruh my wrists are pathetically tiny and my forearm is tiny too, my frame is rather wide, my rib cage is wide asf and my back is, but I have hanging shoulders like arnold... somehow I can deadlift 210kg in my weight class which puts me close to the British record lol

At least here in germany

Where I live in the eastern part of the U.S., seeing a boomer who's wrist is lower than 8 inches is like the complete exception to the rule and not the norm. I've a seen acromegaly tiered man in walmart just a few days ago. His were probavly close to a 10. This one was like 6'4 to 6'5? Contrary to most people's experiences most boomers where I live are quite tall. On another note, Steve Reeves wrists look fairly small for a old school bodybuilder.
steve-reeves-ideal-proportions-bodybuilding-172x300.jpg

His rival Grimek had 8 inches, which is why he was much stronger than Reeves. The wrist and handpill are 2 of the most overlooked parts of the framepill in my opinion.

Broad scapula and straight clavicles are very important for aesthetics, but the size of your wrists and hands is heavily correlated with so much shit.

1. They show how sturdy and robust ones frame is.

2. Wrist and hand size are the biggest predictor of one's response to training.

3. Both correlate to having strong androgenic tendencies with minimal estrogenic tendencies.

4. Wrist size is a strong predictor of how much muscle ones body can hold.

5. Predict fighting capabilities( a smaller well trained guy can beat a much larger one who doesn't know what he's doing, but if both are on the same field, the larger one dominates.)

Lol what? i deadlifted almost 120kg right at the beginning

I did too, I've only been going to the gym a month now. I just can't break the PR.

But ok, as an leptosomic build ectomorph you will never be able to reach high strength levels

Your frame is small, you joints/ankles are simply not build for super heavy resistance training

Longer limbed people generally have problems with deadlifting

I kinda disagree and disagree with your logic at the same time.

Taller guys are able to pack more weight and muscle and thus will automatically be stronger. Just look at the Hathor Bjornson and Eddie Hall deadlift world record feud. Hathor was able to lift more due to his size and mass.

On the other hand, smaller and stockier guys excel at deadlifts because they're closer to the ground and thus have better body mechanics.

This is guy convinced me to get good at deadlifts:

Also guys my build prefer to do sumo deadlifts which is something I hate doing.

Wrist and hand size are the biggest predictor of one's response to training
Cool , I have above average hand size (20cm) and avg wrist girth (17cm) and I'm almost 5'7 ,So can I gain a good amount of muscles natty?

also which characteristic have stronger corelation, hand size or wrist?

I've only been going to the gym a month now. I just can't break the PR.

Derri maddi puddi.

Cool , I have above average hand size (20cm) and avg wrist girth (17cm) and I'm almost 5'7 ,So can I gain a good amount of muscles natty?

also which characteristic have stronger corelation, hand size or wrist?

Derri maddi puddi.
Derri maddi puddi 😉

They're shit indicators of potential muscle growth.

I did too, I've only been going to the gym a month now. I just can't break the PR.

I kinda disagree and disagree with your logic at the same time.

Taller guys are able to pack more weight and muscle and thus will automatically be stronger. Just look at the Hathor Bjornson and Eddie Hall deadlift world record feud. Hathor was able to lift more due to his size and mass.

On the other hand, smaller and stockier guys excel at deadlifts because they're closer to the ground and thus have better body mechanics.

This is guy convinced me to get good at deadlifts:

Also guys my build prefer to do sumo deadlifts which is something I hate doing.

Taller guys are able to put on more weight if they are bigger in any dimension

Framecel lanklets will put on less muscle mass than a shorter guy with a thick build

@Nnn 6.6 inches below average. On one tape measure I get 6.5, on a stanley one, I got just barely under 7 inches. Imo the average wrist size is way higher than 7 inches, out of every time I encountered a boomer, I wristmogged maybe 5% to 8% of them?

Here's a video of ed coan, the most famous powerlifter.

Go to the 0:30 time on the video and you can see his hands are enormous.

@Nnn 6.6 inches below average. On one tape measure I get 6.5, on a stanley one, I got just barely under 7 inches. Imo the average wrist size is way higher than 7 inches, out of every time I encountered a boomer, I wristmogged maybe 5% to 8% of them?

Here's a video of ed coan, the most famous powerlifter.

Go to the 0:30 time on the video and you can see his hands are enormous.
I've heard anecdotally that sparring bare-knuckle on the heavy bag grows your hands and wrists.

Somehow managed to gain 8kg in 4 days lol.

Gonna take you longer to put more weight on the bar if you're 59kg and actually 6.5% BF. Being that low BF absolutely tanks your test levels so not gonna progress as fast if you were Kyriakos Grizzly tier.

Gonna take you longer to put more weight on the bar if you're 59kg and actually 6.5% BF. Being that low BF absolutely tanks your test levels so not gonna progress as fast if you were Kyriakos Grizzly tier.
Last time I tried deadlifting I was able lift 140kg.

Hmmmm

I think something is wrong with neoples

Maybe it wasnt that of a good idea to castrate him
So no. You want more BBC up the ass.