Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

How often should I use shampoo?

How often should I use shampoo (and conditioner)? I used to use both every day but it would make my hair really dry and frizzy. I'm currently experimenting only using shampoo every 3rd day and not using conditioner at all. Is this a good idea?

While I don't have hair loss (yet), I have noticed I have a fair amount of dandruff which I would like to fix. Any product recommendations or things to avoid would be appreciated :).

shampoo with parabens f**k your sperm count

How often should I use shampoo (and conditioner)? I used to use both every day but it would make my hair really dry and frizzy. I'm currently experimenting only using shampoo every 3rd day and not using conditioner at all. Is this a good idea?

While I don't have hair loss (yet), I have noticed I have a fair amount of dandruff which I would like to fix. Any product recommendations or things to avoid would be appreciated :).
It depends how oily your hair gets

ideally do conditioner every day and shampoo every other day, but if you notice yourself getting oily hair then do shampoo everyday and make sure to scrub your scalp very well using your fingertips.

If you are scrubbing correctly and taking a shower 1-2 times a day and you still have dandruff then you may need to use dandruff shampoo or something else.

5 times a day and at minimum thrice a day for optimal hair quality

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It depends how oily your hair gets

ideally do conditioner every day and shampoo every other day, but if you notice yourself getting oily hair then do shampoo everyday and make sure to scrub your scalp very well using your fingertips.

If you are scrubbing correctly and taking a shower 1-2 times a day and you still have dandruff then you may need to use dandruff shampoo or something else.
I will try conditioner again to see if that helps, otherwise a different shampoo might be in order.

Depends on hair type
Curlier hair as low as once a week, not more than 3-4 times a week

Back