Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion I need help against Acne (also does Perilox work?)

Nathan290906

I mentioned my question in the Title, I have some Bad acne like you see in these Pictures:

aaaWhatsApp Bild 2023-09-07 um 11.25.22.jpgssWhatsApp Bild 2023-09-07 um 11.25asa.22.jpgccWhatsApp Bild 2023-09-07 um 11.25.22.jpgaWhatsApp Bild 2023-09-07 um 11.25.22.jpg

I need help what can i do to get rid of this? And can someone tell me what my skin Type is?
At the Moment i have a Skin Care Routine but i don't think that it is working.

My Skin Care Routine:

Morning:
-Cold Ice bath for Face
-Lukewarm Shower
-Washing my Face with Cold Water and
Dermalogica - Daily microfoliant
-Drying Face with Soft Cotton Pads
-Apply CeraVe - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Evening:
-Hot Shower
-Washing Face with warm Water and
CeraVe - Cream to Foam Cleanser

-Apply Perilox - Antibiotic Cream

I also don't eat any Sweets often, Train 4x a Week and I have my Facial Hair under Control
The Perilox cream is something my Docter gave to me when i went to him and asked for help with acne.
He said it would start to work about 2-3 Weeks of using Perilox. But it hasnt yet (after 4 weeks) and its making me feel depressed.
I just wanna look the best i can.
Please Review my Skin Care routine and give me some Tipps n Tricks.

I am 17 years old and wanna do looksmaxxing at full efficiency

I understand you´re struggle bro, I had terrible acne too.
You´re skincare isn´t bad. Just a few things you need to improve

Morning:
- Ice bath for the face (is great)
- use soft cotton pads to dry (is great)
- let it soothe for 2-5 min
- use your moisturizer (I use the same, and it works really well, but don´t apply to much moisturizer, just a thin layer)
avoid lukewarm water coming into your face when showering. For me it only irrigated the skin, opened pores and bacteria came in

Afternoon:
- Wash your face with cold water
Do this because during the day bacteria, sweat and oil accumulate on your skin. But only do it once after school, to not irritate the skin and destroy the skin barrier

Evening:
  • Use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. It improves your skin massively - CeraVe Cleanser, Cerave Cleanser or I use Vichy Cleanser
  • and again avoid using warm water. Instead, wash your face with cold water. Apply your cleanser on the skin and massage it for 30-60 seconds into your skin. Then let the skin absorb the cleanser for 1-2 minutes. After, use some cold water and massage the cleanser on your skin again for 10-20 seconds. And lastly, really wash the cleanser off your face.
  • I don´t know about this Perilox cream, but I read that many people didn´t see any improvements using it. And since your skin hasn´t improved, I would talk to your dermatologist again and ask if he could prescribe something else.
  • Then use the new cream your dermatologist prescribes you as an activator. In the meantime tho I would use Adapalene. Apply a thin coat only.
  • and as the last step I would apply a thin coat of your moisturizer again.
that concerning a skincare routine, you don´t need to use a thousand products. A few like I described is absolutely enough and more healthy for the skin.

Last edited:
Also at least as important as a good skincare routine is living a healthy lifestyle. I assume, that you already live quite healthily and avoid things that make your acne worse. But it still gets worse. I know how frustrating that feeling can be.

As I said you already live a healthy lifestyle, but I think only a few things can improve your skin a lot:
1. sports (you already do which is great)
2. sleep at least 8 hours a day (it is really important, that really helped me a lot)
3. start meditating and reduce your stress
4. avoid aggressive sunlight, it destroys the skin

Now coming to your diet, which is the most important part for healthy skin:
1. eat 2-3 carrots every morning, they have major benefits for the skin (look it up, if you don´t believe me)
2. drink 0.5 - 1l of green or peppermint tea a day. Tea has many important minerals, vitamins and antioxidants for the skin.
3. drink ginger shots to heal your gut. Do some research on that. The gut is linked to the skin strongly.
4. avoid sugar (which you already do, so keep it up), but also avoid saturated fats and dairy
5. Instead eat food that contains antioxidants like: olive-oil, nuts vegetables, fruits, blueberries...
6. I emphasize eat many vegetables and some fruits. They have important minerals and vitamins too that are essential for healthy skin

I wish you good luck brother and don´t stress too much, I know how hard it is, but you are even with acne a good-looking guy. And trust me
you´re going to be gorgeous as soon as your acne fades. You´ll be pulling them bitches.
If you have any other questions ask and please keep me on track if your skin is bettering :chico:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand you´re struggle bro, I had terrible acne too.
You´re skincare isn´t bad. Just a few things you need to improve

Morning:
- Ice bath for the face (is great)
- use soft cotton pads to dry (is great)
- let it soothe for 2-5 min
- use your moisturizer (I use the same, and it works really well, but don´t apply to much moisturizer, just a thin layer)
avoid lukewarm water coming into your face when showering. For me it only irrigated the skin, opened pores and bacteria came in

Afternoon:
- Wash your face with cold water
Do this because during the day bacteria, sweat and oil accumulate on your skin. But only do it once after school, to not irritate the skin and destroy the skin barrier

Evening:
  • Use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. It improves your skin massively - CeraVe Cleanser, Cerave Cleanser or I use Vichy Cleanser
  • and again avoid using warm water. Instead, wash your face with cold water. Apply your cleanser on the skin and massage it for 30-60 seconds into your skin. Then let the skin absorb the cleanser for 1-2 minutes. After, use some cold water and massage the cleanser on your skin again for 10-20 seconds. And lastly, really wash the cleanser off your face.
  • I don´t know about this Perilox cream, but I read that many people didn´t see any improvements using it. And since your skin hasn´t improved, I would talk to your dermatologist again and ask if he could prescribe something else.
  • Then use the new cream your dermatologist prescribes you as an activator. In the meantime tho I would use Adapalene. Apply a thin coat only.
  • and as the last step I would apply a thin coat of your moisturizer again.
that concerning a skincare routine, you don´t need to use a thousand products. A few like I described is absolutely enough and more healthy for the skin.
First of all, thank you for this detailed explanation and tips; I will try to apply as much as possible. Another question: My doctor told me that it's best not to mix the Perilox cream with other products. Do you think what you wrote would also work? (I'll see if I can go to the doctor in the next 2 weeks to look at the Perilox cream with him.)

Yes it works together, I would first apply the activator let it sink in for 5 minutes and then apply the moisturizer

Also at least as important as a good skincare routine is living a healthy lifestyle. I assume, that you already live quite healthily and avoid things that make your acne worse. But it still gets worse. I know how frustrating that feeling can be.

As I said you already live a healthy lifestyle, but I think only a few things can improve your skin a lot:
1. sports (you already do which is great)
2. sleep at least 8 hours a day (it is really important, that really helped me a lot)
3. start meditating and reduce your stress
4. avoid aggressive sunlight, it destroys the skin

Now coming to your diet, which is the most important part for healthy skin:
1. eat 2-3 carrots every morning, they have major benefits for the skin (look it up, if you don´t believe me)
2. drink 0.5 - 1l of green or peppermint tea a day. Tea has many important minerals, vitamins and antioxidants for the skin.
3. drink ginger shots to heal your gut. Do some research on that. The gut is linked to the skin strongly.
4. avoid sugar (which you already do, so keep it up), but also avoid saturated fats and dairy
5. Instead eat food that contains antioxidants like: olive-oil, nuts vegetables, fruits, blueberries...
6. I emphasize eat many vegetables and some fruits. They have important minerals and vitamins too that are essential for healthy skin

I wish you good luck brother and don´t stress too much, I know how hard it is, but you are even with acne a good-looking guy. And trust me
you´re going to be gorgeous as soon as your acne fades. You´ll be pulling them bitches.
If you have any other questions ask and please keep me on track if your skin is bettering :chico:
I will surely keep you on Track, Thank you very much

i think you're on ur puberty still so don't mind it u can't get rid of it or reduce it .just get skincare routine (u can see ppl on tiktok or whatever ) and it will go by itself.. and drink water and do not pop it

I mentioned my question in the Title, I have some Bad acne like you see in these Pictures:

View attachment 22749View attachment 22750View attachment 22751View attachment 22752

I need help what can i do to get rid of this? And can someone tell me what my skin Type is?
At the Moment i have a Skin Care Routine but i don't think that it is working.

My Skin Care Routine:

Morning:
-Cold Ice bath for Face
-Lukewarm Shower
-Washing my Face with Cold Water and
Dermalogica - Daily microfoliant
-Apply CeraVe - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Evening:
-Hot Shower
-Washing Face with warm Water and
CeraVe - Cream to Foam Cleanser

-Apply Perilox - Antibiotic Cream

I also don't eat any Sweets often, Train 4x a Week and I have my Facial Hair under Control
The Perilox cream is something my Docter gave to me when i went to him and asked for help with acne.
He said it would start to work about 2-3 Weeks of using Perilox. But it hasnt yet (after 4 weeks) and its making me feel depressed.
I just wanna look the best i can.
Please Review my Skin Care routine and give me some Tipps n Tricks.

I am 17 years old and wanna do looksmaxxing at full efficiency
try benzoyl peroxide, make sure you wash your bedsheets constantly, eat lots of probiotics like kombucha and yogurt or just a supplement, avoid refined foods, cleanse your gut, if that doesnt work try accutane

Hey, i understand your struggle, had it too and sometimes even comes back fir a week... but:
-you have oily skin, so you need to focus too keep it less oily as the over production of oil can create papules (white heads) under your top skin layer
- first of all: on your products look for "for oily or mixed skin type". Anything saying "For dry skin" will make it worse.
- buy some clay / deadsea clay mask, wash your face- put it on and let it dry - it will some of the oils out...
- change your tow and pillow case every week!
- buy pimple patches/ hydrocolloid patches to cover your pimples- tbese serve to draw out moisture out of them, make them smaller and less inflamated
-if ut wont work try at all try something bit more aggressive like benzoyl peroxide fase washes (it will slightly bleach your clothes and pillow case if it gets on, just fyi)

Keep us updated.

Hey, i understand your struggle, had it too and sometimes even comes back fir a week... but:
-you have oily skin, so you need to focus too keep it less oily as the over production of oil can create papules (white heads) under your top skin layer
- first of all: on your products look for "for oily or mixed skin type". Anything saying "For dry skin" will make it worse.
- buy some clay / deadsea clay mask, wash your face- put it on and let it dry - it will some of the oils out...
- change your tow and pillow case every week!
- buy pimple patches/ hydrocolloid patches to cover your pimples- tbese serve to draw out moisture out of them, make them smaller and less inflamated
-if ut wont work try at all try something bit more aggressive like benzoyl peroxide fase washes (it will slightly bleach your clothes and pillow case if it gets on, just fyi)

Keep us updated.
Thanks for your Tipps I will try to apply them. I appreciate it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delinquentgentleman Ratings 7
chudtard Introduce Yourself 9
R Looksmaxxing 12
Nathan290906 Looksmaxxing 5