Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Introducing myself and just a few questions.

Byebyeemoji

I hope all of you guys are doing well. I’m an 17 year old guy, i’m 5’9 and 170 pounds. I have a high body fat and my skin isn’t the best however i’m going to the dermatologist for my skin. I’m not super comfortable with sharing photos of myself until I look better. Anyone have any tips?

A dermatologist is a really good idea, they’re the experts so listen to their advice closely. I’d say just start browsing the must-reads in the forum

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for your reply! I looked the must read and found something on skinny fat bodies. I’m just waiting on a response. I have more fat then muscle and i’m not sure if i should do a cut or a bulk or a maintain phase. Thank you again.

Thank you for your reply! I looked the must read and found something on skinny fat bodies. I’m just waiting on a response. I have more fat then muscle and i’m not sure if i should do a cut or a bulk or a maintain phase. Thank you again.
Do a bulk. Bulk and get as much muscle as you can so when you cut you won’t need to really go on a big bulk again

Do a bulk. Bulk and get as much muscle as you can so when you cut you won’t need to really go on a big bulk again
For the first time, I see a comment from you that I disagree with
I hope all of you guys are doing well. I’m an 17 year old guy, i’m 5’9 and 170 pounds. I have a high body fat and my skin isn’t the best however i’m going to the dermatologist for my skin. I’m not super comfortable with sharing photos of myself until I look better. Anyone have any tips?
Don't do bulking now bro, from what I understand, you should have between 20~25% body fat, if you do bulking now, your bf will rise even more, potentially causing hormonal imbalance and making it difficult to practice some types of cardio. With 30%~35% BF it is extremely risky to run, cycle and rope skipping, which would basically leave you with light walking and swimming options for cardio. If you do bulking now, you will gain strength and muscle, however, your body is already extremely prepared to store fat, and your bf can reach 30% depending on the bulking you do.
I recommend you cut, but only 100 calories below your basal consumption, this way, you will still gain strength and muscle (not the same amount as you would gain during bulking, but it is still a significant amount) at the same time as you lose fat.

You should stay in the 155-175 LBS range. You should also burn fat and build muscle! :)

bulk, it will be an uncomfortable process and you will likely not enjoy what you see in the mirror, but in the end it will all be worth it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cammo23 Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 2
cdnew Introduce Yourself 10
huntereyesrope Introduce Yourself 7