Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

News MARPE thread

danny deVitocel

Dogvito
Established Member
i just had a consultation with audrey yoon who does MSE and she thinks i am eligible for MARPE (lifefuek)
my initial concerns in the thread below were that my narrow arch was too small to get good maxillary expansion

turns out my lower jaw is actually relatively the same size as my maxilla. my mandibular teeth are just too lingually tipped so i can get that sorted out relatively easy.
now heres the best part... she said i could get 8mm expansion on my maxilla. apparently she has achieved as much as 18mm maxillary expansion on those with severe maxillary deficiency.
i asked about facemask therapy in conjunction with MSE and she thinks i could pull my maxilla slightly forward so i have perfect occlusion. my midface would also probably come forward which in conjunction with MSE would make my cheekbones and entire midface pop.
treatment time of MARPE would be a total of 6 months. the first 7 weeks of treatment is the initial expansion and the rest of the time the appliance stays in so the new bone can form. also she assured me the skeletal expansion achieved was permanent.
cost of total MARPE is around $3000.
one thing that stuck out to me was she said forward growth is more important for eruption of the wisdom teeth. guess im cucked then
this procdure will permanently widen my arch as well as increase nasal breathing volume.
a little off topic but for those who want proper skeletal expansion in the mandible there is mandibular disraction surgery to widen the actual mandible itself.

ask me any questions and i'll try to answer them my best.

Wait isnt MARPE just a rapid palatal expander? So with that you're going to expand your palate by 8mm?? Whats your current IMW btw?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait isnt MARPE just a rapid palatal expander? So with that you're going to expand your palate by 8mm?? Whats your current IMW btw?
yes. marpe is an acronym for micro-implant assisted rapid palatal expansion (i think lul). i think my current imw is 38mm but im not too sure

• Sorry I didn't notice your first thread.
  • I would dead ass go for it.
  • 18mm of expansion is f*****g insane, even 8mm is too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Sorry I didn't notice your first thread.
  • I would dead ass go for it.
  • 18mm of expansion is f*****g insane, even 8mm is too.
8mm is slightly smaller than the width of the fingernail on my index finger so it doesnt look like shit but in terms of palatal expansion thats a substantial amount. I mentioned surgery for widening the mandible because thats probably what i need if i want more maxillary expansion.

8mm is slightly smaller than the width of the fingernail on my index finger so it doesnt look like shit but in terms of palatal expansion thats a substantial amount. I mentioned surgery for widening the mandible because thats probably what i need if i want more maxillary expansion.
Bro 8mm is a huge difference in relation to the face. I reckon that the mandible will widen as the maxilla does so jaw surgery isn't needed. However, jaw surgery results are rather impressive.