Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Discussion MSE and Facemask

Elias

MSE: https://www.greatlakesdentaltech.com/mse-maxillary-skeletal-expander.html

Cost: $83 - £64

MSE Type 2 starter kit:
(They do one for 8,10,12mm)

Cost: $550 - £425

Facemask:

5 types:

1: 7900C11F-9770-4440-83BC-6A59C372F4F1.jpeg

2:

4DFA0E39-D20A-458C-BB8B-69A4DCD482AA.jpeg

3:
15763604-C14D-4532-8EDB-D6AF3A3DA1E9.jpeg
4:

17A4AD30-F8B2-4CDE-8F75-8EE0697ABC51.jpeg
5:

ED88DD9E-2F3C-4AF4-86BF-933AD6C94231.jpeg

I think the most ideal one is 1, with 3 and 5 being good front runners, as 2 and 4 would put pressure on the chin potentially recessing the mandible. Some people say 4 doesnt recess the mandible and is the best option because of the angle adjustability

Average cost of facemask - $40 - £25

Now, that weve ordered all this stuff, we would need an orthodontist to apply it.
MSE, is a 90 day, 90 turns treatment.

Some questions if anyone can answer as im not sure.

1: Would you need a maxillofacial surgeon on top of an orthodontist to apply MSE on your palate?

2: If you purchase the starter kit for 12mm to say, would you need to buy it again if you were to do to mse for a second time?

3: Can you turn MSE yourself, or does an ortho have to do it?

4. Does anyone know where you can buy msdo?

5: After MSE has finished, could you get DNA from your ortho and connect the same facemask to it, as DNA slowly expands, you could connect that with the facemask over a 1-2 year period for more forward and upward maxillary gains?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
sorry it looks cool but why wont you just get it done by a professional?
I am, Mike mew is going to install it for me but ill have to probably but it from there as he doesnt do MSE to my knowledge

I see him on Wednesday
Talked to him on the phone

whoa mike? tell him to f*****g respond back to me hes too busy and hes always never online. but also cool bro hell yeah get them gains
Yeah i live in the UK

I dont need much expansion going for forward growth more

I will tell him

Sorry bro but I'm still learning about these facial appliances

I don't want to give inaccurate info

Not to brag but I never suffered from reccesed maxilla, mandible, or cheekbones

My orbitals are below average and my chin could be more projected
A longer ramus wouldn't hurt

Even my orthodontist was shocked how all my wisdom teeth have plenty of room despite having braces for 2 years

stop saying the N word its 2020
WHats your opinion on Lefort 2,3
Genio and BSSO

Also what do you think about eppleys implants?

Are you still on that mewing chat on instagram?

MSE: https://www.greatlakesdentaltech.com/mse-maxillary-skeletal-expander.html

Cost: $83 - £64

MSE Type 2 starter kit:
(They do one for 8,10,12mm)

Cost: $550 - £425

Facemask:

5 types:

1: View attachment 8390

2:

View attachment 8391

3:
View attachment 8392
4:

View attachment 8393
5:

View attachment 8394

I think the most ideal one is 1, with 3 and 5 being good front runners, as 2 and 4 would put pressure on the chin potentially recessing the mandible. Some people say 4 doesnt recess the mandible and is the best option because of the angle adjustability

Average cost of facemask - $40 - £25

Now, that weve ordered all this stuff, we would need an orthodontist to apply it.
MSE, is a 90 day, 90 turns treatment.

Some questions if anyone can answer as im not sure.

1: Would you need a maxillofacial surgeon on top of an orthodontist to apply MSE on your palate?

2: If you purchase the starter kit for 12mm to say, would you need to buy it again if you were to do to mse for a second time?

3: Can you turn MSE yourself, or does an ortho have to do it?

4. Does anyone know where you can buy msdo?

5: After MSE has finished, could you get DNA from your ortho and connect the same facemask to it, as DNA slowly expands, you could connect that with the facemask over a 1-2 year period for more forward and upward maxillary gains?
Bro, i seriously don't know anything about this.
Idc tbh, i have forward growth and too much of it will make me look retarded.

You should ask @nelson and @r****d from .me .