Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Neck is the Most Sexually Dimorphic Feature of Human Anatomy

Rkelly

Knowledgeable
Established Member
The human neck is the most sexually dimorphic feature of human anatomy when compared to 91 other anatomical features
https://psyarxiv.com/yez3t/
Table 1. Point-Biserial Correlations for Sexual Dimorphism in Human Anatomy
Measure​
r
Measure​
r
Measure​
r
Neck Circumference (Medial)​
-.801***​
Acromial Height​
-.627***​
Trochanterion Height​
-.479***​
Biacromial Breadth​
-.781***​
Bitragion Submandibular Arc (Jaw Size)​
-.626***​
Ear Length​
-.467***​
Neck Circumference (Base)​
-.780***​
Interscye I​
-.626***​
Buttock Height​
-.463***​
Hand Circumference​
-.777***​
Popliteal Height​
-.624***​
Chest Breadth​
-.457***​
Shoulder Circumference​
-.760***​
Shoulder-Elbow Length​
-.611***​
Heel Breadth​
-.423***​
Wrist Circumference​
-.755***​
Sleeve Outseam​
-.608***​
Ear Breadth​
-.413***​
Hand Breadth​
-.747***​
Biceps Circumference (Flexed)​
-.594***​
Ear Protrusion​
-.412***​
Sleeve Length (spine-to-wrist)​
-.727***​
Thumbtip Reach​
-.592***​
Lateral Femoral Epicondyle Height​
-.411***​
Forearm Circumference (Flexed)​
-.718***​
Functional Leg Length​
-.588***​
Ankle Circumference​
-.398***​
Chest Height​
-.705***​
Knee Height (Sitting)​
-.588***​
Buttock-Knee Length​
-.380***​
Heel-Ankle Circumference​
-.693***​
Axilla Height​
-.587***​
Thigh Clearance​
-.365***​
Bimalleolar Breadth​
-.679***​
Waist Height (Omphalion)​
-.571***​
Waist Breadth​
-.343***​
Cervicale Height​
-.677***​
Bizygomatic Breadth​
-.569***​
Head Circumference​
-.340***​
Foot Length​
-.671***​
Menton-Sellion Length​
-.569***​
Tragion Top-of-Head​
-.329***​
Bideltoid Breadth​
-.669***​
Bitragion Chin Arc (Chin Protrusion)​
-.567***​
Waist Circumference​
-.327***​
Waist-Back Length​
-.668***​
Knee Height (Midpatella)​
-.558***​
Waist Depth​
-.326***​
Ball-of-Foot Circumference​
-.666***​
Acromion Radiale Length​
-.545***​
Abdominal Extension Depth (Sitting)​
-.314***​
Stature​
-.666***​
Crotch Height​
-.545***​
Interpupillary Breadth​
-.297***​
Interscye II​
-.661***​
Shoulder Length​
-.543***​
Calf Circumference​
-.291***​
Ball-of-Foot Length​
-.656***​
Head Length​
-.536***​
Buttock Popliteal Length​
-.287***​
Lateral Malleolus Height​
-.656***​
Weight (kg)​
-.533***​
Hip Breadth Sitting​
.285***​
Span​
-.651***​
Wrist Height​
-.525***​
Buttock Depth​
-.229***​
Suprasternale Height​
-.649***​
Chest Circumference​
-.521***​
Crotch Length Posterior (Omphalion)​
-.220***​
Foot-breadth Horizontal​
-.645***​
Iliocristale Height​
-.517***​
Elbow-Rest Height​
-.208***​
Forearm-to-Forearm Breadth​
-.640***​
Palm Length​
-.510***​
Hip Breadth​
.150***​
Overhead Fingertip Reach (Sitting)​
-.639***​
Vertical Trunk Circumference​
-.501***​
Lower Thigh Circumference​
-.121***​
Sitting Height​
-.639***​
Tenth Rib Height​
-.499***​
Chest Depth​
-.113***​
Eye Height (Sitting)​
-.637***​
Hand Length​
-.497***​
Thigh Circumference​
-.073***​
Forearm Center-of-Grip Length​
-.632***​
Head Breadth​
-.494***​
Bicristal Breadth​
-.052***​
Forearm Hand Length​
-.630***​
Waist Front Length (Sitting)​
-.482***​
Crotch Length (Omphalion)​
-0.02​
Radiale Stylion Length​
-.630***​
Tibial Height​
-.480***​
Buttock Circumference​
0.01​
Note. *** p < .001. * p < .05. Sex was coded as “0” for men and “1” for women.​
In line with the predictions of past theoretical work (Carrier & Morgan, 2014), the human neck is the most sexually dimorphic anatomical feature when compared to 91 other anatomical features.​

The magnitude of sexual dimorphism in neck is the greatest compared to other secondary sexual characteristics observed in other research such as height, vocal frequency, and arm muscle volume
When our findings are compared to the magnitude of sexual dimorphism in other secondary sexual characteristics observed in other research—reporting a Pearson’s r of .63 for height, .77 for vocal fundamental frequency, and .78 for arm muscle volume (see Hodges-Simeon et al., 2021)—our tremendous r of .80 allows neck circumference to emerge as the most sexually dimorphic anatomical feature.​

Women want men with bigger necks for STRs (short-term relationships)
Men with larger sternocleidomastoid and upper trapezius muscles were rated as stronger, more masculine, and higher in short-term attractiveness.​

Larger neck musculature in humans was consistently associated with fighting success

Grounded in over 60 years of sports performance theory and recent theoretical work in evolutionary biology, geometric morphometric analyses revealed that larger neck musculature in professional combatants (N = 715) was associated with greater real-world fighting success, after for adjusting for allometry (Study 1).​
Larger neck musculature in humans was consistently associated with fighting success, after controlling for demographic and allometric variables. More specifically, larger areas of the sternocleidomastoid and upper trapezius muscles were associated with greater fighting success, and both of these neck muscle groups are involved in stabilising the head against rotational acceleration (Bauer et al., 2001; Collins et al., 2014).​

Takeaway
Bigger necks improve both intersexual and intrasexual success.​

The human neck is the most sexually dimorphic feature of human anatomy when compared to 91 other anatomical features
https://psyarxiv.com/yez3t/
Table 1. Point-Biserial Correlations for Sexual Dimorphism in Human Anatomy
Measure​
r
Measure​
r
Measure​
r
Neck Circumference (Medial)​
-.801***​
Acromial Height​
-.627***​
Trochanterion Height​
-.479***​
Biacromial Breadth​
-.781***​
Bitragion Submandibular Arc (Jaw Size)​
-.626***​
Ear Length​
-.467***​
Neck Circumference (Base)​
-.780***​
Interscye I​
-.626***​
Buttock Height​
-.463***​
Hand Circumference​
-.777***​
Popliteal Height​
-.624***​
Chest Breadth​
-.457***​
Shoulder Circumference​
-.760***​
Shoulder-Elbow Length​
-.611***​
Heel Breadth​
-.423***​
Wrist Circumference​
-.755***​
Sleeve Outseam​
-.608***​
Ear Breadth​
-.413***​
Hand Breadth​
-.747***​
Biceps Circumference (Flexed)​
-.594***​
Ear Protrusion​
-.412***​
Sleeve Length (spine-to-wrist)​
-.727***​
Thumbtip Reach​
-.592***​
Lateral Femoral Epicondyle Height​
-.411***​
Forearm Circumference (Flexed)​
-.718***​
Functional Leg Length​
-.588***​
Ankle Circumference​
-.398***​
Chest Height​
-.705***​
Knee Height (Sitting)​
-.588***​
Buttock-Knee Length​
-.380***​
Heel-Ankle Circumference​
-.693***​
Axilla Height​
-.587***​
Thigh Clearance​
-.365***​
Bimalleolar Breadth​
-.679***​
Waist Height (Omphalion)​
-.571***​
Waist Breadth​
-.343***​
Cervicale Height​
-.677***​
Bizygomatic Breadth​
-.569***​
Head Circumference​
-.340***​
Foot Length​
-.671***​
Menton-Sellion Length​
-.569***​
Tragion Top-of-Head​
-.329***​
Bideltoid Breadth​
-.669***​
Bitragion Chin Arc (Chin Protrusion)​
-.567***​
Waist Circumference​
-.327***​
Waist-Back Length​
-.668***​
Knee Height (Midpatella)​
-.558***​
Waist Depth​
-.326***​
Ball-of-Foot Circumference​
-.666***​
Acromion Radiale Length​
-.545***​
Abdominal Extension Depth (Sitting)​
-.314***​
Stature​
-.666***​
Crotch Height​
-.545***​
Interpupillary Breadth​
-.297***​
Interscye II​
-.661***​
Shoulder Length​
-.543***​
Calf Circumference​
-.291***​
Ball-of-Foot Length​
-.656***​
Head Length​
-.536***​
Buttock Popliteal Length​
-.287***​
Lateral Malleolus Height​
-.656***​
Weight (kg)​
-.533***​
Hip Breadth Sitting​
.285***​
Span​
-.651***​
Wrist Height​
-.525***​
Buttock Depth​
-.229***​
Suprasternale Height​
-.649***​
Chest Circumference​
-.521***​
Crotch Length Posterior (Omphalion)​
-.220***​
Foot-breadth Horizontal​
-.645***​
Iliocristale Height​
-.517***​
Elbow-Rest Height​
-.208***​
Forearm-to-Forearm Breadth​
-.640***​
Palm Length​
-.510***​
Hip Breadth​
.150***​
Overhead Fingertip Reach (Sitting)​
-.639***​
Vertical Trunk Circumference​
-.501***​
Lower Thigh Circumference​
-.121***​
Sitting Height​
-.639***​
Tenth Rib Height​
-.499***​
Chest Depth​
-.113***​
Eye Height (Sitting)​
-.637***​
Hand Length​
-.497***​
Thigh Circumference​
-.073***​
Forearm Center-of-Grip Length​
-.632***​
Head Breadth​
-.494***​
Bicristal Breadth​
-.052***​
Forearm Hand Length​
-.630***​
Waist Front Length (Sitting)​
-.482***​
Crotch Length (Omphalion)​
-0.02​
Radiale Stylion Length​
-.630***​
Tibial Height​
-.480***​
Buttock Circumference​
0.01​
Note. *** p < .001. * p < .05. Sex was coded as “0” for men and “1” for women.

The magnitude of sexual dimorphism in neck is the greatest compared to other secondary sexual characteristics observed in other research such as height, vocal frequency, and arm muscle volume

Women want men with bigger necks for STRs (short-term relationships)

Larger neck musculature in humans was consistently associated with fighting success

Takeaway

Bigger necks improve both intersexual and intrasexual success.​
so training neck for appeal is optimal?

also did training neck help you w girls while you were bodybuilding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so training neck for appeal is optimal?
yes
also did training neck help you w girls while you were bodybuilding?
I can't isolate success with women to just neck but it obviously did grow along with all other trained muscle groups. What I will say is that many bodybuilders have an untrained neck and it looks comical and disproportionate imho.
1716263383045.png
It should match the development of the rest of the body.
1716263424310.png

aint this going overboard a bit though?
yeah agreed it looks too extreme
To be fair that will not be naturally attainable for most anyway it is reserved for that jock that takes roids phenotype. Most people will get sleep apnea trying to get it to that level of girth.

To be fair that will not be naturally attainable for most anyway it is reserved for that jock that takes roids phenotype. Most people will get sleep apnea trying to get it to that level of girth.
My neck has grown over the year. I objectively look better. Idk how much to grow it but it works for me. My traps lag behind but they have grown too naturally from deadlifts. IMG_20240519_224307_070~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240520_225816_Photos.jpg

I am not as lean as I once was so disregard the facial structure. I'll get lean and it will be fair.

My neck has grown over the year. I objectively look better. Idk how much to grow it but it works for me. My traps lag behind but they have grown too naturally from deadlifts. View attachment 30219

View attachment 30220

I am not as lean as I once was so disregard the facial structure. I'll get lean and it will be fair.
I actually think the top looks way better even though you’re not as lean and I think most women would agree too. You look like a proper D1 jock in that photo but the bottom while leaner gives you a emaciated emo look which has niche appeal imo.

I actually think the top looks way better even though you’re not as lean and I think most women would agree too. You look like a proper D1 jock in that photo but the bottom while leaner gives you a emaciated emo look which has niche appeal imo.
It's hard to balance what is objectively working and what my bias wants me to believe. My facial structure is not as prominent and that bothers me. But my muscles are bigger in a way that isn't retarded which is good but in order for me to have both I must get as lean as I was before while still having the mass I gained.

Iv considered ( however I'm doing alot more research on this topic) to have a short run of DNP. My mother took it and she came out fine but lost a ton of weight very very fast and she is doing just fine. In fact she looks the healthiest she's been in a few decades. So I'd say her risk to reward paid off.

The studies on dnp show some anti aging benefits and a bit of beneficial skin tighting but obviously the fine line between OD and just enough is very small. But becuase I'm bigger dude I'm sure I can be fine with a standard run of it. Dnp will not kill my muscles like calorie restriction will and might effect my metabolic rate and reset it. I know myself. I can either get lean lean and lost my muscles or I can grow and grow but I quickly become a pillow. But im not a dumb gym bro. I'm a looksmaxxer gym bro. 🏋️‍♂️ I'm gonna get big and asthetically pleasing facially or die trying. ( not really I'll just give up on it lol)

It's hard to balance what is objectively working and what my bias wants me to believe. My facial structure is not as prominent and that bothers me. But my muscles are bigger in a way that isn't retarded which is good but in order for me to have both I must get as lean as I was before while still having the mass I gained.

Iv considered ( however I'm doing alot more research on this topic) to have a short run of DNP. My mother took it and she came out fine but lost a ton of weight very very fast and she is doing just fine. In fact she looks the healthiest she's been in a few decades. So I'd say her risk to reward paid off.

The studies on dnp show some anti aging benefits and a bit of beneficial skin tighting but obviously the fine line between OD and just enough is very small. But becuase I'm bigger dude I'm sure I can be fine with a standard run of it. Dnp will not kill my muscles like calorie restriction will and might effect my metabolic rate and reset it. I know myself. I can either get lean lean and lost my muscles or I can grow and grow but I quickly become a pillow. But im not a dumb gym bro. I'm a looksmaxxer gym bro. 🏋️‍♂️ I'm gonna get big and asthetically pleasing facially or die trying. ( not really I'll just give up on it lol)
Honestly you don’t even need dnp all you would have to do in your case is up the testosterone dosage and throw in some anavar. You could literally do a recomp at maintenance calories or slight calorie deficit with the aforementioned peds.
Make sure diet is dialed in mainly about getting 1-1.5g protein per lb of body weight. (There is research showing intakes of up to 2g/lb can not only be tolerated but maybe even beneficial for lean mass retention and body recomposition.)
Also 7-9 hrs of good quality sleep at the same time every night.

so a thick neck is more dimorphic than wide shoulders ?

so a thick neck is more dimorphic than wide shoulders ?
Yes
Neck Circumference (Medial)-.801***
Biacromial Breadth-.781***
Shoulder Circumference-.760***
Bideltoid Breadth-.669***

if he was leaner in top that would be crazy ngl

I think both are really

Shoulders are like boob's on a women. Neck is like your hips On a women?
i think its abs and penis size

but maybe there is some research measuring women's sexual arousal from wide shoulders?

i think its abs and penis size

but maybe there is some research measuring women's sexual arousal from wide shoulders?
Wide shoulders / frame has much more appeal than abs for girls tbh

yes

yes
sounds like bs research tbh

the intro says "Front-view fine drawings of male and female physiques were rated forattractiveness. Both subject sexes rated female physiques with greatercurvature as less attractive. "

translates to most of the males in the survey rated curvy females less attractive. So it already sounds like bs

And they didn't post any images in the research, even though its image-specific research.

And also it seems like just a text survey, not actually MRI scans measuring brain arousal.