Join 25,000+ Looksmaxxing Members!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Info Philtrum length and Midface ratio

Deluded Normie

Long philtrums are generally considered bad because people associate them with long midfaces, while it is true that an excessively long philtrum would result in a long midface, that is rarely the case.

In most cases long midfaces are caused by long nasal bridges and/or low interpupillary distances, e.g. Adam Driver and Marko Jarić.

Hungry+Hearts+Premiere+2015+Tribeca+Film+Festival+6ZN1LE_IYKtx.jpgmarko-jaric-basketball-headshot-photo.jpg

As you can see their philtrums look good, they would not benefit from having shorter philtrums.

A philtrum slightly longer than average is ideal for males, the average male philtrum length is 15mm according to FaceBase database:

The reason for this is that long philtrums and short noses are high prenatal testosterone traits, while long noses and short philtrums are low prenatal testosterone traits as you can see below:

h6-cd24589ec8a564b87a7fff8ce17493ee.jpg

A short philtrum would result in a disproportionate long nose, you need a good nose to philtrum length ratio to look good:

Of course for a long philtrum to look good you still need to have a Philtrum:Chin ratio of at least 2 and a low gonial angle.

image002.jpg

So basically what you need to have a compact midface is a short nose and a high interpupillary distance, philtrum length is almost irrelevant.

You can still have a good midface ratio with a long philtrum:
Frank-Morris-996091.jpgIMG_4073.JPGAurelien-Muller-Polaroids-05-620x827.jpg5e8f474377106.png

Now you might think that this only applies to DOM/Maesthetic guys and that prettyboys cant look good with a long philtrum, but thats not true, you can still look good with a long philtrum as a prettyboy:
53034698_853454031662863_5658633117423890493_n.jpgmotw_maksbehr_pola03.jpglarge-1541780996-5a33b220922e7be2ebac9cb268cedd74.jpg

Long philtrums are generally considered bad because people associate them with long midfaces, while it is true that an excessively long philtrum would result in a long midface, that is rarely the case.

In most cases long midfaces are caused by long nasal bridges and/or low interpupillary distances, e.g. Adam Driver and Marko Jarić.

View attachment 10994View attachment 10995

As you can see their philtrums look good, they would not benefit from having shorter philtrums.

A philtrum slightly longer than average is ideal for males, the average male philtrum length is 15mm according to FaceBase database:

The reason for this is that long philtrums and short noses are high prenatal testosterone traits, while long noses and short philtrums are low prenatal testosterone traits as you can see below:

View attachment 10997

A short philtrum would result in a disproportionate long nose, you need a good nose to philtrum length ratio to look good:

Of course for a long philtrum to look good you still need to have a Philtrum:Chin ratio of at least 2 and a low gonial angle.

View attachment 10998

So basically what you need to have a compact midface is a short nose and a high interpupillary distance, philtrum length is almost irrelevant.

You can still have a good midface ratio with a long philtrum:
View attachment 10999View attachment 11001View attachment 11002View attachment 11000

Now you might think that this only applies to DOM/Maesthetic guys and that prettyboys cant look good with a long philtrum, but thats not true, you can still look good with a long philtrum as a prettyboy:
View attachment 11003View attachment 11004View attachment 11005
strong first thread 😍😍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I already did that thread
No, you didnt.

In your thread you didnt talk about the importance of the Philtrum:Chin ratio and gonial angle for a long philtrum to look good, you didnt mention the average philtrum length, you also didnt post examples of guys with good philtrums and bad midface ratios and guys with long philtrums and good midface ratios like i did so idk wtf are you talking about.

Dont accuse me of copying/stealing threads, i have never done that and never will.

No, you didnt.

In your thread you didnt talk about the importance of the Philtrum:Chin ratio and gonial angle for a long philtrum to look good, you didnt mention the average philtrum length, you also didnt post examples of guys with good philtrums and bad midface ratios and guys with long philtrums and good midface ratios like i did so idk wtf are you talking about.

Dont accuse me of copying/stealing threads, i have never done that and never will.

ok

but your thread mostly Focus on the Point that a Long Philtrum isnt as bad as many People Claim and that it's not the cause of a Long perceived midface, and also on the Point that a Long Philtrum is masculine

i already wrote that in my thread

f**k, my nose isn't even THAT long (5cm), it's just my goddamn IPD that screws my midface ratio so hard
f**k this tbh

f**k, my nose isn't even THAT long (5cm), it's just my goddamn IPD that screws my midface ratio so hard
f**k this tbh
IPDcelibacy is an unforgiving hellhole

IPDcelibacy is an unforgiving hellhole
no way to fix it unless you get your skull split in half via surgery
the only cope left is eyebrowmaxxing, which kinda gives the impression of wider ipd but doesn't do shit for midface perception

no way to fix it unless you get your skull split in half via surgery
the only cope left is eyebrowmaxxing, which kinda gives the impression of wider ipd but doesn't do shit for midface perception
Indeed, Ian somerhalder is the king of the eyebrow fraud. Positively tilted, long and thick it’s like when you look At him your eye glances at his eye colour: blue, cool

then you instead of seeing his eyes the eyebrows take the attention away from them and you imagine in your head the eyes being at a normal distance

Indeed, Ian somerhalder is the king of the eyebrow fraud. Positively tilted, long and thick it’s like when you look At him your eye glances at his eye colour: blue, cool

then you instead of seeing his eyes the eyebrows take the attention away from them and you imagine in your head the eyes being at a normal distance
yeah, eyebrowfrauding is somewhat effective if done right but deep down i would kill to have a wider ipd giving me 1.0 midface ratio

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah, eyebrowfrauding is somewhat effective if done right but deep down i would kill to have a wider ipd giving me 1.0 midface ratio
Whats your midface ratio and IPD?