Join the #1 Looksmaxxing Community!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• DISCLAIMER: DO NOT ATTEMPT TREATMENT WITHOUT LICENCED MEDICAL CONSULTATION AND SUPERVISION

This is a public discussion forum. The owners, staff, and users of this website ARE NOT engaged in rendering professional services to the individual reader. DO NOT use the content of this website as an alternative to personal examination and advice from licenced healthcare providers. DO NOT begin, delay, or discontinue treatments and/or exercises without licenced medical supervision. Learn more

Guide Quick guide on how to trim your stubble properly

Pendejo

Top Contributor
Established Member
Properly trimming cheek hair can make your face look more defined (I speak from my own experience), the key to this is to feel your zygomatic arches and trim the hair that is above the lower edges of these bones, following their path to the corners of the mouth (where the moustache would start), this way you will highlight your cheekbones and your beard won't look artificial.

Here are some examples:
ad3c84f7327afa58dad0424d5ec5dcdf--stubble-beard-beard-game.jpg05f20806fb5a732d28fa36cddcfd089a.jpg

Basically you have to avoid the contour of the hair on your cheeks being very curved or too low, since otherwise it will not look natural as you can see below:
guy4.jpg5e934b7ac7e9e751a6d33179f71e6417.jpgyWYKztch.jpg

As for the length, I recommend a 10 day stubble (4-5mm), going longer than this will probably make your lower third look less angular.

Check this thread if you can't grow facial hair or if it is not dense enough to rock a stubble:

Really good thread. This is an easy way to improve your looks quickly (assuming you can grow facial hair).
This shit sucks for me; I’ve been able to grow a chinstrap since I was 14, but the hair along my cheek lines didn’t start coming in until I was 18 and only one side is decently filled in. Looks so f*****g stupid lol

I was just looking thru some beard transplant before & afters and some guys literally ask for the hair on cheeks to be low and artificially curved thinking it looks good.
I've even seen guys irl intentionally shaping the cheek hair extremely low and adding an extreme curve to it thinking it makes them look good lol

Properly trimming cheek hair can make your face look more defined (I speak from my own experience), the key to this is to feel your zygomatic arches and trim the hair that is above the lower edges of these bones, following their path to the corners of the mouth (where the moustache would start), this way you will highlight your cheekbones and your beard won't look artificial.

Here are some examples:
I think toni mahfud, dan bilzerian, and stephiscold are good examples too because they keep it 'high' instead of 'low' and allow for a more natural cheekline contour. Toni's is probably better than the other two because he keeps the length a lot shorter (designer stubble)